8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bad news! I just got off the phone with comptech. I inquired about the ice box for the 06 and 07 si. Unfortunatly I was told there is no intake for the 06, 07 si at this time. They have done some prototypes but told me they have not come up with any thing that they really like yet. There is not set date to come out with any new intake. So of course I asked how can you have a carb approval for an intake that doesn't exist. Apparently carb gave them a blanket approval for any intake they develope on the civic. I was told that when and if they come out with an intake it will in fact be carb approved but there is no intake for the car as of yet nor is there one in development at this time. Talk about crappy news. I guess I'm not going to get the hondata then because as far as I know there are no other carb approved intakes for the 07 civic si. Guess I'll stay stock? You guys think the hondata would work with just a k&n drop in and the spacer? Sorry for the bad new to all who have been waiting like me. I think it's time we stop holding our breath for it, it's not coming any time soon if ever!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Excalibur said:
Why not get the mugen one then. Yeah, it's alot of money, but.....maybe that would suit your needs.
Or do the "make your own" version, which has been dyno proven to work.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
the reason the Icebox is not improving is probably because they arent getting any good gains, I think honda has already refined its intake design

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Skylinegtr06 said:
the reason the Icebox is not improving is probably because they arent getting any good gains, I think honda has already refined its intake design
You're probably right. That's why I love injen. I don't want to start a debate though....

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
CivicBeater said:
AEM > injen
Ask GlxyGry06Si for his pics of his aem cai with the hole in it and then we'll see if you still agree. 2 of the 2 people I've met with that intake both have had a hole rubbed in theirs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only reason that I have not gone with one of the other intakes is because I live in CA and it needs to be carb aproved, not just pending. I wouldn't even put an intake on if it wasn't needed for the hondata. I might be willing to make the air box mod (need to search and see what that is all about) if it would be nearly as good as an intake. I would like to avoid the oil filters though and I don't think that is a possible unless there is another drop in besides k&N. Thanks for the all the suggestions but I need to deal with all to carb issues as well.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
JMorris said:
The only reason that I have not gone with one of the other intakes is because I live in CA and it needs to be carb aproved, not just pending. I wouldn't even put an intake on if it wasn't needed for the hondata. I might be willing to make the air box mod (need to search and see what that is all about) if it would be nearly as good as an intake. I would like to avoid the oil filters though and I don't think that is a possible unless there is another drop in besides k&N. Thanks for the all the suggestions but I need to deal with all to carb issues as well.
I'm curious, what's wrong with the oil filters?

·
Registered
301 Posts
no go on mugen since the type-r has no maf( that is what i was waitin for and recently found this out. now this makes it even worse since comptech was my only hope left. personally the intakes that are out are suspect. when the big companies (spoon,mugen,j's, hks,arc) don't have it out it makes me wonder. i wanted the reflash too but i live in cali and don't want to run a race header, nor any of the intakes out right now. i also sent an email to hondata asking if i could get away with just an exhaust and a drop in and they said nope. this truely sucks. i am either gonna get rims or rt cat and a j's racing exhaust, i can't decide

·
Registered
890 Posts
Damn that sucks! And after I was so excited about the CARB approved thing. Hopefully we'll have some more intake options sooner than later because I want to get the Hondata ECU reflash as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts