8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so the VSA and the (!) lights turn on a few days ago. the car drive perfectly fine and i cant seem to find the problem. i connected flashpro to see the DCTs and U0122 FCAN Malfunction (ECU to VSA) shows up as a code. Lost communication with VSA. what does this exactly mean. My cruise control also doesnt work at all and when i press vsa, nothing happens at all... any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
it means exactly that, the pcm isn't communicating with the VSA control module
that's the only code that shows up, have you tried just clearing it and seeing if it comes back?

unplug anything recently? loose connections.. etc

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it means exactly that, the pcm isn't communicating with the VSA control module
that's the only code that shows up, have you tried just clearing it and seeing if it comes back?

unplug anything recently? loose connections.. etc
yeah I tried clearing the error codes with flashpro and tried resetting battery too and it still comes on.
I didn't unplug anything recently. A shop installed two gauges in my car but didn't unplug anything to do so...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:::: problem solved... it was the brake switch connected to the brake pedal... it was broken in half wtf

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
i checked mines today and nothing, looked fine. maybe gonna go the junk yard tomorrow and swap one from another civic..will post when swapped, wish me luck

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
any updates on this? I recently installed flashpro. The other day I hit 105 for the first time and my VSA and ABS lights came on suddenly? I tried resetting the battery but nothing happened.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
mine was bad ecu i hope, comes in weds...did you do brake job recently or some to change pressures on the pedal??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the same error code and just turned off VSA temporarily to pass emissions test. Im gunna check fuses and dig around by the pedals and report back so i can solve the problem

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
mine was wire harness.. had to replace the whole thing from vsa module all the headlights everything ... but good thing is i have a used vsa module from 07 civic si for sale..pm me

heres a pic of wireharness had to replace luckly my homie was therre with his si so i could line up wiring right...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
by runs do u mean datalogs??and there really ain't no way to tell but one thing i will tell you if ur vsa module is messed up ur car will idle at 700 rpms instead of the stock 900 without flashpro. also ur car will bog a little more on idle and such fourth...this is what i recommend before going to dealer.....

check brake pedal sensor, check wheel sensors (make sure nothings disconnected or wires missing on sensors 2 wires on sensor connectors), if happen to be doing brakes..take out wheel sensor and make sure u see the little wire intact still in the middle of sensor...still nothing check wireharness where ever you see a gap to open up plastic just to be sure no wires are burnt...

btw i took my car to the dealer and they said its was the module after i bought a brand new one from dealer so i knew it had to be harness after seeing some signs of burned wires...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
also wheel alignment can kick it off too...had a couple people tell me they dropped their cars and vsa came on when driving..sounds like when you adjust alignment you set the system to think it has different tire size so vsa light goes on...just a little fyi..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
MOTA-FA5
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing