8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has driven both cars, can you please describe the difference in the powerbands. In the type S stock you cant really feel or hear the VTEC crossover and I have heard in the Si its a different story. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
That has nothing to do with the powerband. It's just that the Si was tuned to have an audible sound during it's crossover. If you haven't heard it you should test drive one. It's absolutely intoxicating. :)

I think the RSX has a better powerband, especially in the mid-range, probably due to the fact that it has more tq. than the Si. I feel this was a short-sight on Honda's part. If they knew they were getting rid of the RSX, they should've given it a stronger mid-range. The lower part is very liveable and doesn't give any hint of what really lies within the engine. Some people want more tq, but I'd take the top-end over the tq. anyday. As far as the powerband goes, try test driving them both. You'll enjoy them either way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skittleslegend said:
That has nothing to do with the powerband. It's just that the Si was tuned to have an audible sound during it's crossover. If you haven't heard it you should test drive one. It's absolutely intoxicating. :)

I think the RSX has a better powerband, especially in the mid-range, probably due to the fact that it has more tq. than the Si. I feel this was a short-sight on Honda's part. If they knew they were getting rid of the RSX, they should've given it a stronger mid-range. The lower part is very liveable and doesn't give any hint of what really lies within the engine. Some people want more tq, but I'd take the top-end over the tq. anyday.

I cant test drive one hear because they are always sold before they reach the lot. I cant wait to hear the vtec in one. Does it sound similar to the RSX with an intake or99-00 si with intake? I agree with you on top end anyday. :thumb:

·
Registered
406 Posts
skittleslegend said:

I think the RSX has a better powerband, especially in the mid-range, probably due to the fact that it has more tq. than the Si. I feel this was a short-sight on Honda's part. If they knew they were getting rid of the RSX, they should've given it a stronger mid-range. The lower part is very liveable and doesn't give any hint of what really lies within the engine. Some people want more tq, but I'd take the top-end over the tq. anyday. As far as the powerband goes, try test driving them both. You'll enjoy them either way.
If you compare specs the

RSX-S
=========
[email protected]
[email protected]

Civic Si
=========
[email protected]
[email protected]

There is torque difference of 1.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i still believe the Rsx is a nice car also, and i still want one.. maybe someday when the older Rsx are cheaper ill buy one as a project shell.being in both, the Si may sound louder but they still feel the same. and i dont think the Rsx/Interga will ever die.they will just make it better. its been around for to long, and the Rsx/Interga sells very good.i dont even like calling it the RSX i prefer integra.

·
Registered
380 Posts
the new suv makes about that with the supercharger... i never said n/a if they want to make the rsx to outstand that is a nice power output

1 - 12 of 12 Posts