8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
i could swear that is the mugen type r with adjustable wing. that is the side skirt, rear bumper i want so bad........iam waiting for cams too from the r ........all motor baby

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
That's the regular FD2 CTR with Mugen (CTR) rear lip. Wing and everything else is OEM CTR.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Mighty hot looking

·
Registered
615 Posts
Does no one know what the OP is asking??

The rear Diffuser is the white under the black section on the lower rear part of the bumper.

That is a diffuser and its not oem.

OEM Type R rear

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
i am gonna sound really dumb here but what exactly does the rear diffuser do for performance or anything for that matter

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
i am gonna sound really dumb here but what exactly does the rear diffuser do for performance or anything for that matter
A rear diffuser can help direct airflow from the bottom of the car. It can also provide downforce as well. Think of it as a bottom rear wing.
Think of the Ferrari Enzo, it can go 200+mph yet it does not have a gaudy huge rear wing... with modern wind tunnel testing designers can create downforce by adjusting the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Diffuser reduces lift and drag be directing the air so that it fills up the wake turbulence left by the tail end of the car.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
It sorta does that same exact thing as the spoiler that nobody wants to put on top of their trunk.:giggle: Except of course that it directs the airflow under the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts