8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys-I just got an 06 Civic EX sedan with navigation and have two quick sort-of general questions:

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to calculate gas mileage using the nav system? I see there's some kind of "Automobile" section in the calculator but I don't see anything in the owner's manuals about it and I can't make any sense of it.

Also, does anyone know if the fabric in the cars is in any way protected from stains, spills, etc...? I was going to spray it with Scotchguard but didn't know if something like that wa already done at the factory.

Thanks! Jeff

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I don't have a nav unit to mess with- but you should have a little button up on your dash - by the tach. It should have a mile thing saying how many miles you've gone- the trip meter or whatever it's called. Press it in and it should list the miles. Hold it in long enough and it should reset back to "0". Do that when you fill up your tank all the way next time. When you fill up NEXT time after that - look at your trip mile #. Say it's at 350 miles, and you put 10 gallons of gas in to fill it up. Divide it - 350/10 = 35mpg.

It is quite easy to use Scotchgard and it is readily available in many stores. Just spray it according to the directions and let dry, preferably overnight in a garage with the windows down. Get the kind made for cars. Usually stores like walmart or autozone carry the stuff. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts