8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic EX Sedan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello:
So I noticed that the radiator cooling fan closest to the battery works ok; it cycles on an off. However, the fan closest to the alternator does not. This occurs with the A/C both off and on. Coolant temperature is around 200º and doesn't seem to overheat. I'm not one to go tinkering about under the hood any more. Just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello:
So I noticed that the radiator cooling fan closest to the battery works ok; it cycles on an off. However, the fan closest to the alternator does not. It seems like it's trying to turn, but does so very sloooowly. I can stop it with my hand. This occurs with the A/C both off and on. Coolant temperature is around 200º and doesn't seem to overheat. I'm not one to go tinkering about under the hood any more. Just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts. Thanks.
It seems your fan has worn out the fan near to alternator is the cooling fan for ac condenser . It only switch on if ac is ON

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic EX Sedan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems your fan has worn out the fan near to alternator is the cooling fan for ac condenser . It only switch on if ac is ON
Thanks for responding. I updated my post after I discovered the condenser fan turns due to air flow caused by the primary fan. It does not work on its own. I did disconnect/reattach the connector and that didn’t do anything. What next?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for responding. I updated my post after I discovered the condenser fan turns due to air flow caused by the primary fan. It does not work on its own. I did disconnect/reattach the connector and that didn’t do anything. What next?
check fuse no.15 in manual if says oil level sensor but fan also has a connection with it .under the dash (8th gen civic).if not fuse theres two diode check those also and fan .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts