8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made an order for the short shifter and shift bushings and am second guessing myself now over my decision to exclude any type of shift knob.

I've read that the whole kit I bought makes the car harder to shift as in that notchy-ness is much more apparent. The heavier shift knobs are supposed to act as a counter balance and aid you in the shifting.

I thought it would be fine and just ordered all the other stuff, supposed to be in on the 13th. I drove my car around today and tried my best to imagine shorter shifts and what people mean by "clunkier." That's the point when I realized that the stock shift knob really is pretty small and probably is pretty light weight.

What is your opinions on the SS + bushings while using the stock knob? And how much better does it get spending 100 dollars more on a fancy weighted knob?

Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do all shift knobs have the same threading? I like that skunk 2 one and it's pretty cheap as well. Instead of CAI for my birthday I'm thinking shift knob + k2 fogs + brake caliper paint.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
b0yd07 said:
Do all shift knobs have the same threading? I like that skunk 2 one and it's pretty cheap as well. Instead of CAI for my birthday I'm thinking shift knob + k2 fogs + brake caliper paint.
There are different thread patterns, but for hondas/acuras, they're pretty much the same.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Iv had my shifter bushings for about a year.Just instaled them last week!! LoL
The reason I got around to the upgrad was because i instaled my CAI.
Much easier that way.If you go CAI get that soon.The stock knob dident
feel that light when i took it off and the bushings helped .Soon ill get base bushings and change the trany fluid.If that dont help ill mount a bowling ball
on the thing.LoL......By the way the sound of the CAI is sweeeeeet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts