8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these installed two weeks ago after driving my car stock for 4 months.

Wow! What a difference. I ordered these and THEN read a bunch of people talking about how it made the whole shifting process shorter yet clunkier and notchier and all kinds of bad things. It was already too late for second thoughts so it didn't really matter at that point.

However I can say that ALL worries were gone once I got this thing installed. It was short, crisp, and not notchy at all. It still was notchy like it used to be but definitely not any more than usual. The only thing different is this takes a LITTLE bit more effort to get in gear. Just a little, but I'm starting to like the feeling more now.

I think I may have had more trouble installing these things than most. I got pretty upset at that fact that it took some people 20 minutes and I took basically an entire day to get all three parts installed. CB + BB + SS
I dropped the pieces all over the place, couldn't get out the old cable bushings, couldn't get the knew cable bushings back on the pin, couldn't get the rubber BB's out, man all kinds of things went wrong. I can say though that I had absolutely no problem getting the blue cap off like everyone else did.

All in all, this was a mod worth well more than what it cost. I still don't see how that little short shift adapter costs 70 dollars alone, but for what it does it is well worth it.

I should add that I bought a Skunk2 knob at the same time as well. It is quite a bit heavier than the stock knob so my review may be off if you're planning on using the stock shifter knob. I'd recommend the heavier knob though I'm pretty sure it too made a big difference.

All I can say is my car is 10x more fun to drive now. And it was already a blast. I got all this as my birthday gift and I believe it came out to be like 200 in total. I got the SS, CB, BB, auger boot, and the skunk2 knob. Kick ass setup!

·
Registered
253 Posts
b0yd07 said:
However I can say that ALL worries were gone once I got this thing installed. It was short, crisp, and not notchy at all. It still was notchy like it used to be but definitely not any more than usual. The only thing different is this takes a LITTLE bit more effort to get in gear. Just a little, but I'm starting to like the feeling more now.

Exactly my thoughts, man. I haven't had a chance to go for any good cruises yet, but the first time i took it out, i noticed that shifting required more power than i had expected. Its a different feeling, but after a long drive i'm sure ill be accustomed to the new style. Anyways, noice write up ... i also struggled with the install of the cable bushings, and i couldn't get my air filter back in ... i was freaking out at that point.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
after a few months.. remove the shifter adapter. drive for a day.. reinstall shifter adapter with new grease and it will feel even better. shifting will be smoother too. Or maybe it only happened to me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
marecki7 said:
How long did the shipping take?? I just ordered mine today, and Im already getting impatient. LOL
Never mind, I got the tracking email already--it will be here in Chicago on 30.

Thanx for the reply.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just bought mine today @ my local tuning store they said it should be here by monday hehe ...o and since i dont want to mess with all that trouble with the cb and bb i decided to get installed there aswell ...cant wait!! = ]

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your orders and the great feedback! With regards to shipping times, we normally ship orders the same day or the following day at the latest assuming all parts are in stock. Normal delivery time with UPS standard ranges from 3 to 6 business days depending on your location. We ship out of Montreal Canada, so east coast orders generally are delivered faster than west coast orders. We also offer faster shipping on our site, you can choose 3 day or overnight. Tracking numbers are also provided as soon as UPS picks up from our facility.

Thanks again for your support, it's very much appreciated.

Kevin
TWM

·
Registered
193 Posts
TWM Performance said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your orders and the great feedback! With regards to shipping times, we normally ship orders the same day or the following day at the latest assuming all parts are in stock. Normal delivery time with UPS standard ranges from 3 to 6 business days depending on your location. We ship out of Montreal Canada, so east coast orders generally are delivered faster than west coast orders. We also offer faster shipping on our site, you can choose 3 day or overnight. Tracking numbers are also provided as soon as UPS picks up from our facility.

Kevin
TWM
Thanx for the reply :)

I did a mapquest search, to find where u r @. about 15 hours away from my place (Chicago NW suburbs), and I received the tracking email. Right now package has cleared US customs, and is on the way here--delivery on 8.30.

I already picked up a small vice so Im good 2 in install.

Thanx for great service.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jgams said:
I used a hammer with a book overtop of the blue thing:laughing:
Yeah, that could work too. LOL

I just needed an excuse to ride my bike--went to my P.s house, 25 miles away and very nice, twisty country roads :) :laughing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
if i were to go with the TWM shifter, which package is the best out of the numerous ones they have for sale?

Price:
-'06-'07 short shifter: $84.95 $71.95 USD
-'06-'07 shifter + base bushings: $109.90 $91.90 USD

-'06 + cable bushings: $117.90 $100.90 USD
-'06 + base + cable bushings: $142.85 $120.85 USD

-'07 + cable bushings: $119.90 $102.90 USD
-'07 + base + cable bushings: $144.85 $122.85 USD

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Guys,

Kevin
TWM
Kevin,

Do you have the bushings for the 08 models? Or please advise if the 07 will fti...I know there was a difference from the 06 to 07 models...thanks

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Kevin,

Do you have the bushings for the 08 models? Or please advise if the 07 will fti...I know there was a difference from the 06 to 07 models...thanks
Hi 08smokeSi,

I have not personally done the cable bushings install on a 2008 Civic yet, however several of our customers have reported that the 2007 Civic cable bushings do fit the 2008 model.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've taken mine in once for the brakes, nothing was said about it. As long as there is no reason they're going to be digging in where that is I'm content with leaving it there.

If I ever have to take it in for the transmission I will definitely take out the little short shifter piece first.

I'm sure the dealer won't be too happy about if they find it. I've never asked though... that'll just get em suspicious.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Does the short shifter or cable bushings void warranty at all. Has anyone taken their civic in and had problems because this stuff was installed?
My shifter cable snapped because of the cable bushings, I believe. I took it to the dealership, with everything still on (except the weighted shift knob) and they thankfully covered it under warranty. I just have to wait for the parts to come in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts