8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

this has big potential....

I guess right now he is at 5psi and put down 500 rwhp/ 500 rwtq . He's planning on pushing the boost up as soon as he gets some more parts.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
wow, nice!

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
I just found a reason to love that car even more. What year is it? '05? The '05s had 400hp and 400lbs torque at the crank. Please let us know when he ups the boost on it.

Dammit, thats the only domestic car in 5 years that I wanted to buy.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Now that is sweet! Too bad us Canadians dont get the GTO......:(

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
atruhondagrl said:
I just found a reason to love that car even more. What year is it? '05? The '05s had 400hp and 400lbs torque at the crank. Please let us know when he ups the boost on it.

That's one of the first and second year cars judging by the exhaust. It was a true dual exhaust but the two pipes ended up meeting side by side over on the left and looked like one. Didn't really help the "i look like my grandfather's Oldsmobile Alero" look. But they had about 350 at the crank for those years. It wasn't until I think '04 or '05 when they split the exhaust tips to both sides of the car, added the hood scoops and kicked the power up to 400ish.

Sick car nonetheless, I wanted one. Came out not long after my dad but his last year model '02 Trans Am WS6

·
Registered
663 Posts
atruhondagrl said:

I kind of liked them from day one although I never really considered buying one. But have to correct you on this atruhondagrl; although a Pontiac, it's not anywhere near domestic. It's an Aussie. From the GM line of Australian car company Holden. They're imported then tuned up to US specs. And because I don't think they are supported enough here (parts and service wise), I never considered buying one. This one is definitely a runner however.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is sweet, it sucks in Canada we dont get one, Europe does, well kinda, they call it the Vuxhall Moenara. Basically the same car. I would like thta car with those turbos. Its nice.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Monaro, Moenara......man, who comes up with car model names? It's like they get a bunch of chimps drunk and let them throw darts at a board with the alphabet. LOL But I suppose once a car's name becomes part of the country's culture, then it doesn't seem strange. Malibu, Taurus, whatever. Guess that's also why many models just incorporate numbers or random letters now. 300Z, XLR, WRX, A8, 911. GTO certainly stirs more emotions than Moenara in this case.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I think the GTO can now be called "The Goat" once again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fixer said:
Monaro, Moenara......man, who comes up with car model names? It's like they get a bunch of chimps drunk and let them throw darts at a board with the alphabet. LOL But I suppose once a car's name becomes part of the country's culture, then it doesn't seem strange. Malibu, Taurus, whatever. Guess that's also why many models just incorporate numbers or random letters now. 300Z, XLR, WRX, A8, 911. GTO certainly stirs more emotions than Moenara in this case.
Yeah i know what u mean, The Vuxhall Monaro comes from Australia, which is weird because it is a GM owned company, and its the exact same car as the GTO. But i guess we dont have the Ford fiesta anymore, but Europe does, and there models in Europe are much difffernt. The funny thing is the Monaro was the base for the new GTO that we have today, they have been making the monaro since 2001, and the Gto came out a couple years ago. fun stuff.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts