8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling that I might know the answer to this, but which would win? I know that the 300ZX generates more torque and HP... especially the boosted one, but would the Civic stand a chance?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Maybe if the 300zx is running in reverse

edit: lol, looked up the 300zx's motor; 300hp and 283tq. The zx could be towing a pair of sportbikes and still win.

·
Registered
120 Posts
dont they weigh like 3500+ though? im not exactly sure, the last time i checked up anything about those cars was years ago haha. thats as much as a mustang with about the same hp

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
dont they weigh like 3500+ though? im not exactly sure, the last time i checked up anything about those cars was years ago haha. thats as much as a mustang with about the same hp
curb for 2 seater is 3300. Si curb is like 2900. The weight would give a slight advantage off the line, but that would probably be cancelled out by FWD vs RWD.

The length of the race is important too, as length increases power and aero becomes more important, and weight becomes less important.

It probably couldn't actually tow a set of sportbikes and win, but a stock Si stands no chance at beating it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
yeah man forget weight and aero, the si would stand 0 chance, i bet it could tow one sport bike and win not 2....face it. the a4 quattros weight about that or even more and have 200 hp and could pull us with a few mods...just imagine what another turbo and 100hp and more torque could do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know why there are soo many threads about can my Si beat (turbocharged car). An Si is not fast by any means, its "fun" to drive but that doesn't necessarily mean its fast.

The Si maybe able to take the 300zx on some twistys, but thats a drivers race.

There needs to be a stop to these pointless threads, at the end of the day, your still just driving a Civic...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I don't know why there are soo many threads about can my Si beat (turbocharged car). An Si is not fast by any means, its "fun" to drive but that doesn't necessarily mean its fast.

The Si maybe able to take the 300zx on some twistys, but thats a drivers race.

There needs to be a stop to these pointless threads, at the end of the day, your still just driving a Civic...
so im guessing you dont own an Si. No, the Si is not fast by any means. Its quick. And its quick for its class. no its not some formula1 ultra sports car but for the $ its absolutely quick.

and if people want to ask how they will hold up against X car, thats why there are message boards like this one.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
so im guessing you dont own an Si. No, the Si is not fast by any means. Its quick. And its quick for its class. no its not some formula1 ultra sports car but for the $ its absolutely quick.

and if people want to ask how they will hold up against X car, thats why there are message boards like this one.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If you're at the track, stick a thumbnail surreptitiously on his valve stem. Make sure he burns out, give him less air in his tires, until they wrap OFF the car. Or, barring that, slash them. That way, you have a chance of winning.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
maybe if the civic was going downhill with like a 10pound driver behind the wheel and the zx was going up hill at a 90degree angle towing the Arc full of animals.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
i've runned a completely stock twin turbo 300zx before on the highway, starting at above 60-65 mph in third gear, i'll take him about a car, but under 50 mph, the Z just kills me, i guess the si's powerband is weak there. as for a dig run, he'd probably beat me about a car, just guessing. my mods are: injen cai, dcrh, and exhaust. if ur stock, you'll lose if he doesn't misshift or mess up.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I run against my friends 300zx. It is modded (some power mods, but it was like 375 hp at 12 psi or somecrap like that), but regardless it owns me by about 209387209348238740 car lengths.. I can maybe hang on in first gear. We raced (on a track of course) from first-3rd and first I kept up with him, maybe pulled a bit, but hitting 2nd he pulled on me by about 2 car's and 3rd he completely left me. We both agree when we drive his car that 3rd pulls the hardest of all gears.

We're both pretty equal drivers. Try to AutoX once a month and what not

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
i ran a non turbo and had it by 3 cars... im not stock though and i did it off of a 35 roll since we have no torque... =(
i've runned a completely stock twin turbo 300zx before on the highway, starting at above 60-65 mph in third gear, i'll take him about a car, but under 50 mph, the Z just kills me, i guess the si's powerband is weak there. as for a dig run, he'd probably beat me about a car, just guessing. my mods are: injen cai, dcrh, and exhaust. if ur stock, you'll lose if he doesn't misshift or mess up.
Just because this thread isnt in the Sanctioned Racing section doesnt mean street racing posts become acceptable.

Asking how it holds up against car X is fine, but lately car X has been something that everyone knows the Si has absolutely no chance of winning against.

Because of the street racing posts, this thread is closed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.