8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
i believe 074doorSi knows one in the area

btw, welcome to the forums

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just got mine done today at Auto Visions in Edina. Very quality job, custom cut so it covers about 80% of the hood. Very affordable also, $349-$379 for hood, fenders, and mirrors.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Just got mine done today at Auto Visions in Edina. Very quality job, custom cut so it covers about 80% of the hood. Very affordable also, $349-$379 for hood, fenders, and mirrors.
is there anything special u need to do to it? b/c ive seen some over time turn a yellowish color and stuff. its my biggest concern to getting that done.

·
Registered
415 Posts
is there anything special u need to do to it? b/c ive seen some over time turn a yellowish color and stuff. its my biggest concern to getting that done.
Nope, its backed by a lifetime warranty. They will give you instructions on the initial care which is basically not washing the car for a week. Other than that you would treat it as if it werent there, wax it when u wax your car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to contact Auto Visions. I can only find an Auto Visions in Eden Prairie. Are these the same place?

Also, has anyone heard of P & L Automotive Inc in Edina? I got quoted what seems like a fairly good price (at least a 3rd under what the dealer wanted).

However, I don't think this covers 80% of the hood, but one could only hope...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'll have to contact Auto Visions. I can only find an Auto Visions in Eden Prairie. Are these the same place?

Also, has anyone heard of P & L Automotive Inc in Edina? I got quoted what seems like a fairly good price (at least a 3rd under what the dealer wanted).

However, I don't think this covers 80% of the hood, but one could only hope...
Yeah its the same place, the place is off washington ave right off the freeway of 169

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just got off the phone with AutoVisions and the guy I talked to sounded like he's very meticulous about his work. I'm definitely going to take my car there to get the job done.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I asked if they could cover my entire car and they can!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I could do $300 for a CR-V bumper/fenders/mirrors with 3M material.

The important thing about 3M installers is whether or not they're 3M certified. A 3M certified dealer can give you a 5 year warranty....a non-certified installer can give you a manufacturer backed 5 year warranty, but it only covers material and NOT labor. So unless they have an in house warranty covering labor you could be SOL. What happens if they go out of business? What happens if you move? A 3M certified installer warranty is nationwide covering both labor and material.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I could do $300 for a CR-V bumper/fenders/mirrors with 3M material.

The important thing about 3M installers is whether or not they're 3M certified. A 3M certified dealer can give you a 5 year warranty....a non-certified installer can give you a manufacturer backed 5 year warranty, but it only covers material and NOT labor. So unless they have an in house warranty covering labor you could be SOL. What happens if they go out of business? What happens if you move? A 3M certified installer warranty is nationwide covering both labor and material.
I know that most packages cover bumper, hood, and side mirrors, but what about the middle part between the hood and the bumper that contains the "H" ? I looked at mine and it doesn't seem to be covered by the clearshield, I could be blind lol.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It all depends on what you told them to cover. If someone doesn't specify to have a grill surround done then I'm sure it doesn't get done.

I just ask what you want done and give you a price. I suppose "hood/fender/mirrors" is a package because I do the fenders and mirrors with scrape so really it's pay for the hood get the fender/mirrors free.

But the grill surround isn't attached to the hood and it's not attached to the bumper so I guess it's one of those you have to work it out with your installer ahead of time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.