8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i guess the title pretty much says it all.

I got the car at Hopkins. I know Mike in parts at Burnsville. Bloomington is probably the closest. I would be willing to go to any of those three.

So, where have you guys gone for service, and was it a good experience?

The wife, who is the primary driver, says the brakes are acting funny every once and a while. She says it kinda sticks for a second and feels funny, almost like a grinding.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
well, i guess the title pretty much says it all.

I got the car at Hopkins. I know Mike in parts at Burnsville. Bloomington is probably the closest. I would be willing to go to any of those three.

So, where have you guys gone for service, and was it a good experience?

The wife, who is the primary driver, says the brakes are acting funny every once and a while. She says it kinda sticks for a second and feels funny, almost like a grinding.
I've had excellent service at Hopkins Honda. I needed a new left side mirror because of a whistling sound and an alignment. Both were taken care of with the best of service. :thumb:

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
i bought my car and get serviced at Burnsville Honda, (cause of location convenience and free oil changes) but i hear it isn't what it used to before Walser took over

btw, i'm going to get my oil change and last months recall checked(ABS rear wheel o rings) tomorrow at 2pm and checking out the mugen si :eek:

·
Registered
893 Posts
i bought my car and get serviced at Burnsville Honda, (cause of location convenience and free oil changes) but i hear it isn't what it used to before Walser took over

btw, i'm going to get my oil change and last months recall checked(ABS rear wheel o rings) tomorrow at 2pm and checking out the mugen si :eek:
Can't you wait till Thursday? lol I'm bringing mine there for an oil change also. I did have them check for the recall on the ABS rear last month and they said that it was fine and didn't need to be replaced thank god..I know its under warranty..but I hate to have things replaced on my car unless it absolutely had to. I've had good experiences with Burnsville Honda and no complaints yet. Will also be checking out the Mugen SI.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I think of all the Minnesota users, I've dealt (positively and negatively) with almost all of the five Twin City dealerships.

Hopkins Honda:
Fantastic facility. Easiest the nicest customer waiting lounge and service bay. Largest Honda dealer in Minnesota (so they get a very large allotment of cars. However, I have had considerably issues with their service. I made an appointment last winter to get some warranty work done (you guessed it, squeaks and rattles), and to get my front bumper touched up (it came with a spot near the headlight gap where it was chipping/peeling back. I made the appointment with the receptionist and she said they'd do it all.
I got there, and my service manager was this grumpy older man who told me that they weren't even going to look at the paint because that's the body shop's job, and I didn't make an appointment for the body shop. I was then told that the receptionists are inept by him. I find this very unbecoming of a business, to be badmouthing those within. The woman who works at Walser Collision and Glass said that her son is a technician there, and he says they get complaints constantly about disjointed customer service, a lack of customer care, and overall confusion as to what is supposed to be getting done because of how big a dealership it is. I try to stay away from there anymore as a result of this, if I can.

Richfield-Bloomington Honda:
This is probably my dealership of choice. It's either my first or my second. They have very good customer service and they genuinely seem to care about you as a customer and your patronage. However, I have yet to get any warranty work accepted at this dealership. They have an excuse for everything it seems. I was with a technician driving trying to get him to see/hear the third gear, and it popped out and grinded several times during the duration of the trip, to which the technician claimed he "wasn't looking" or "didn't hear anything". They also mistakenly put in 5W-20 in my Si, even though I said clearly a dozen times to make sure it was 30.

Walser Honda:
This is the one that I most frequent. They have been incredibly receptive to my warranty issues, and have probably spent more time behind my dash and interior than any other Civic they service. I work with Lisa Carlson and I highly recommend her. She is fantastic, friendly, and very understanding. "You should not be having these kinds of problems with a car this new, especially not a Honda." They have fixed almost all of my warranty claims. Tim is the technician I work with 95% of the time, and he is fantastic. Of all the dealerships, Burnsville takes me the most serious, and that's something I very much value.

I do, however, hate their lot set-up, and can't wait for them to build their new dealership (which is going to be bigger than Hopkins, I hear). If you do get service done, go with Lisa and tell her Mike with the Fiji Blue Si coupe sent you.

Buerkle Honda:
Not enough experience to have any specific opinion on. I did get my O-Ring inspection done here, though with no problems.

Luther Brookdale:
Not enough experience to have any specific opinion on.

Bottom line, I would work with Lisa Carlson at Burnsville (Walser) Honda above all of them. They are the most receptive to quality and warranty concerns (though I can't get them to acknowledge my 3rd gear issue), and it is because of this dealership that I was able to give the forum a few days notice before the Rear Bearing Recall was released publically.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Can't you wait till Thursday? lol I'm bringing mine there for an oil change also.
What time are you going on Thursday? I am at 15% and I need an oil change myself.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think of all the Minnesota users, I've dealt (positively and negatively) with almost all of the five Twin City dealerships.

Hopkins Honda:
Fantastic facility. Easiest the nicest customer waiting lounge and service bay. Largest Honda dealer in Minnesota (so they get a very large allotment of cars. However, I have had considerably issues with their service. I made an appointment last winter to get some warranty work done (you guessed it, squeaks and rattles), and to get my front bumper touched up (it came with a spot near the headlight gap where it was chipping/peeling back. I made the appointment with the receptionist and she said they'd do it all.
I got there, and my service manager was this grumpy older man who told me that they weren't even going to look at the paint because that's the body shop's job, and I didn't make an appointment for the body shop. I was then told that the receptionists are inept by him. I find this very unbecoming of a business, to be badmouthing those within. The woman who works at Walser Collision and Glass said that her son is a technician there, and he says they get complaints constantly about disjointed customer service, a lack of customer care, and overall confusion as to what is supposed to be getting done because of how big a dealership it is. I try to stay away from there anymore as a result of this, if I can.

Richfield-Bloomington Honda:
This is probably my dealership of choice. It's either my first or my second. They have very good customer service and they genuinely seem to care about you as a customer and your patronage. However, I have yet to get any warranty work accepted at this dealership. They have an excuse for everything it seems. I was with a technician driving trying to get him to see/hear the third gear, and it popped out and grinded several times during the duration of the trip, to which the technician claimed he "wasn't looking" or "didn't hear anything". They also mistakenly put in 5W-20 in my Si, even though I said clearly a dozen times to make sure it was 30.

Walser Honda:
This is the one that I most frequent. They have been incredibly receptive to my warranty issues, and have probably spent more time behind my dash and interior than any other Civic they service. I work with Lisa Carlson and I highly recommend her. She is fantastic, friendly, and very understanding. "You should not be having these kinds of problems with a car this new, especially not a Honda." They have fixed almost all of my warranty claims. Tim is the technician I work with 95% of the time, and he is fantastic. Of all the dealerships, Burnsville takes me the most serious, and that's something I very much value.

I do, however, hate their lot set-up, and can't wait for them to build their new dealership (which is going to be bigger than Hopkins, I hear). If you do get service done, go with Lisa and tell her Mike with the Fiji Blue Si coupe sent you.

Buerkle Honda:
Not enough experience to have any specific opinion on. I did get my O-Ring inspection done here, though with no problems.

Luther Brookdale:
Not enough experience to have any specific opinion on.

Bottom line, I would work with Lisa Carlson at Burnsville (Walser) Honda above all of them. They are the most receptive to quality and warranty concerns (though I can't get them to acknowledge my 3rd gear issue), and it is because of this dealership that I was able to give the forum a few days notice before the Rear Bearing Recall was released publically.
Thank you for the reviews, it's much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Mike, great writeup. I totally agree with you about Luther Hopkins Honda. Their receptionists are totally inept and the service department doesn't know their right hand from their left. The first time I made an appointment to get my driver's mirror fixed for a whistling sound, I was on the phone for 35 minutes with this woman who simply was unable to make an appointment for me.

The next time I had to go there, I just went in person to set it up. We did have good service from our service advisor-Donna who gave us her card and told us to call her directly if we needed service or had any problems. For a dealership of the size and magnificence that Luther Hopkins Honda has, they sure are disorganized and confused much of the time. BTW, I think I saw that grumpy old guy. What a curmudgeon.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The next time I had to go there, I just went in person to set it up. We did have good service from our service advisor-Donna who gave us her card and told us to call her directly if we needed service or had any problems. For a dealership of the size and magnificence that Luther Hopkins Honda has, they sure are disorganized and confused much of the time. BTW, I think I saw that grumpy old guy. What a curmudgeon.
Glad to see it wasn't just me, Bill. If I do go back, I'll make an appointment with Donna. I think its great that we can share experiences with certain service managers and whether to avoid or favor them.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the older guys name that I worked with, but he is really old looking, so you'll know who he is haha.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Glad to see it wasn't just me, Bill. If I do go back, I'll make an appointment with Donna. I think its great that we can share experiences with certain service managers and whether to avoid or favor them.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the older guys name that I worked with, but he is really old looking, so you'll know who he is haha.
so look out for the guy that looks like a 100 years old. Gotcha!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
so look out for the guy that looks like a 100 years old. Gotcha!
He's probably in his 60s. I remember that his first name and last name sound the same, or are the same letter. Gah, why can't I remember his name!?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Just a new update.

I went to Richfield-Bloomington Honda on Saturday to get my oil changed. For the second time in a row, they managed to put 5W-20 in my Si, even after I told them repeatedly that it asks for 5W-30 and to use that.

They also failed to do my tire rotation as per the maintence minder. I'm going back tomorrow and they will be paying for both, whether they know it yet or not. I'm tired of dealerships having these placards that say "We know your Honda better than anyone." and not even knowing what type of freaking oil to use.

I also remembered the service manager's names at Hopkins I didn't care for: Jeff Jacobson.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just out of curiousity, I got the free oil change deal from Burnsville Honda and I want to change the oil soon since I just got the car and I wanna change the oil soon (349 on the tach) since I heard bad stuff about the break-in period and metal particles in the engine. Will Burnsville Honda honor the free oil change even though i'm not due for one yet?

·
Registered
563 Posts
OT, Looks like our BS thread was closed and 2FAST is threatening banning people. If you ask me this is an abuse of power, I posted for the admins to look into this.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just out of curiousity, I got the free oil change deal from Burnsville Honda and I want to change the oil soon since I just got the car and I wanna change the oil soon (349 on the tach) since I heard bad stuff about the break-in period and metal particles in the engine. Will Burnsville Honda honor the free oil change even though i'm not due for one yet?
I would suggest NOT changing your oil early. There are special something or others in the break in oil that need to soak into the block to protect it long term.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts