8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Due to users abusing the Chat threads, and violating the site rules in them, the old threads have been closed and new ones opened only under these conditions:

• No Selling in the chat threads, even if it is site related
  • No Rep abuse/whoring
  • No discussion of anything possibly related to copyright infringement
  • No post whoring, if you want to whore, take it to VIP, if youre not VIP, now is a great time to consider joining. Posts that are considered whoring will be deleted.
  • Don't violate any of the other rules found here.

If these rules are broken again, the chat threads will get closed and will not be reopened. Individuals who violate these rules will get a 7 day ban.

Old thread for reference:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65412

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
any1 going to black friday sales? I'm probaly going to bestbuy in burnsville or eagan for a LCD tv, not sure samsung or panasonic

I'd advise going for the samsung Dave. I got one myself, it's awesome! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Due to users abusing the Chat threads, and violating the site rules in them, the old threads have been closed and new ones opened only under these conditions:

• No Selling in the chat threads, even if it is site related
  • No Rep abuse/whoring
  • No discussion of anything possibly related to copyright infringement
  • No post whoring, if you want to whore, take it to VIP (theres a thread here), if youre not VIP, now is a great time to consider joining. Posts that are considered whoring will be deleted.
  • Don't violate any of the other rules found here.

If these rules are broken again, the chat threads will get closed and will not be reopened. Individuals who violate these rules will get a 7 day ban.

Old thread for reference:
Are you going to put a disclaimer on the first post of every thread? I don't understand the need to do what you did. Whatever, this site gets lamer every month.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
any1 going to black friday sales? I'm probaly going to bestbuy in burnsville or eagan for a LCD tv, not sure samsung or panasonic

I'd advise going for the samsung Dave. I got one myself, it's awesome! :thumb:
yea thats what i'm asking thinking, because of price and weight(only need 32"), etc but the 42" panasonic plasmas are going to be on sale this friday, i dunno.

what model u got?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have the 42" Panasonic Plasma that I picked up last year on black friday for $999. I LOVE it. It's a great tv. Only does 720p, but the picture quality is great.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to put a disclaimer on the first post of every thread? I don't understand the need to do what you did. Whatever, this site gets lamer every month.
Not on every thread, just the BS and Chat threads. This is just a reminder on what the rules are, so when we ban you, you can't cry about it. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
yea thats what i'm asking thinking, because of price and weight(only need 32"), etc but the 42" panasonic plasmas are going to be on sale this friday, i dunno.

what model u got?
I got the 61" DLP with 1080p, 10000:1 contrast, yada yada. It's awesome!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I for one am a little confused by all of this. I believe everyone followed the rules to the letter of the law even though I don't believe anyone knew of the rules that have been posted. As for what was put up in this thread, this is how I see it:

1. No selling or buying has taken place.

2. There was absolutely no rep abuse or whoring. In fact, there were
hardly any replies in the thread.

3. There was absolutely no discussion involving copyright infrigement.

4. There was absolutely no post whoring. In fact, there were only 16
replies and each one was courteous and polite. Furthermore, look at the
total post count of each member of the Minnesota section. Except
for myself and SpecialRingpop, most of the guys are well below
1,000 posts and some are below 500. We pale in comparison to
the mightly post counts of many of the other members.

5. The additional list of 22 rules was not violated. I searched it carefully,
but could find nothing about chat rooms.

The original OP I believe, was just creating something similar to that of the Wichita Kansas sticky. If they could be given a sticky for their region about Chat and BS, then for fairness sake, a sticky should have been granted for the Minnesotans.

2fast4u2: This is a great bunch of people. We have been terribly disconnected and disorganized until a meet we had recently. These are top notch people who play by the rules. If you re-read the thread that was locked, look at how innocent each post was.

We are sorry for anything that was not done according to protocol. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate you creating a sticky just for us in Minnesota. This small group of people contributes much to this forum. We play by the rules. We are not complainers or trouble makers. You should hear nothing more from us.

BTW, I hope that because the Vikings are here and you have an obvious predilection for the Packers, you are not biased against us! :pray:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
"We are not complainers or trouble makers." Except for Bill :biggrin:

Just bustin' your chops Bill, lol.

You're right. There has to be one black sheep in the family. Guess that is me! :sadwavy:

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
I for one am a little confused by all of this. I believe everyone followed the rules to the letter of the law even though I don't believe anyone knew of the rules that have been posted. As for what was put up in this thread, this is how I see it:

The original OP I believe, was just creating something similar to that of the Wichita Kansas sticky. If they could be given a sticky for their region about Chat and BS, then for fairness sake, a sticky should have been granted for the Minnesotans.

2fast4u2: This is a great bunch of people. We have been terribly disconnected and disorganized until a meet we had recently. These are top notch people who play by the rules. If you re-read the thread that was locked, look at how innocent each post was.

We are sorry for anything that was not done according to protocol. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate you creating a sticky just for us in Minnesota. This small group of people contributes much to this forum. We play by the rules. We are not complainers or trouble makers. You should hear nothing more from us.

BTW, I hope that because the Vikings are here and you have an obvious predilection for the Packers, you are not biased against us! :pray:

+1 !! :thumb: We don't mean any harm.

·
Registered
718 Posts

I know we weren't abusing the system. I'm sure somebody was though, or a new rule wouldn't have been created.

As a former mod/admin, I understand why this was done. And it's no skin off our backs, no big deal. We can chat in this thead now.

edit: by the way, Brett Fav-ra should have retired years ago. and the Packers suck.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I know we weren't abusing the system. I'm sure somebody was though, or a new rule wouldn't have been created.

As a former mod/admin, I understand why this was done. And it's no skin off our backs, no big deal. We can chat in this thead now.

edit: by the way, Brett Fav-ra should have retired years ago. and the Packers suck.
I love it Phil. With that Brett Favre comment, you might get a lifetime ban! :biggrin:

·
Registered
563 Posts
One of these days he is going to get sacked and break a hip.
LOL, I love the guy (not in that way:police:) except for when he's beating us. Farve is a gunslinger.

Speaking of Football, I think next year is our year, not to go to the Super Bowl, but to be a strong team again. If we keep losing, maybe we can get another low draft pick and trade for a great QB like Donovan in Philly.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
LOL, I love the guy (not in that way:police:) except for when he's beating us. Farve is a gunslinger.

Speaking of Football, I think next year is our year, not to go to the Super Bowl, but to be a strong team again. If we keep losing, maybe we can get another low draft pick and trade for a great QB like Donovan in Philly.
Keep it on topic...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.