8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like we all end up chatting in our other threads, so I figured I would make a chat thread. If Kansas can have one, so can we?

so, chat away.

Here, I'll give you a topic. Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Rhode Island is named after the Island of Rhodes, where the great Colossus stood. Rhode Island was so named because an explorer felt its size was about the Island of Rhodes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes

As you said Phil, it is not an island so the naming is quite curious other than the fact that the physical size of Rhode Island is approximate to that of the Island of Rhodes.

At least Minnesota makes sense. Minne=water Sota=sky colored Many of our words here in Minnesota come from Dakota and Anishinabe languages.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
did nobody catch my quote there?
I'm pretty slow today, maybe as slow as a dial up modem, so I guess I missed it. BTW, thanks for starting the thread. I was wondering why there is a sticky for Kansas. Why would they make a sticky in a Midwest thread when only a small segment will get any benefit out of it? Let's show them how Minnesotans can do it!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,917 Posts
Maybe it's because I don't pay attention to other major city's car meets, but I really feel like we have a high number of active participants from the greater Twin Cities metro, don't you?

I feel like, for not being Los Angeles or other big cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul get a lot of action out of this forum.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Maybe it's because I don't pay attention to other major city's car meets, but I really feel like we have a high number of active participants from the greater Twin Cities metro, don't you?

I feel like, for not being Los Angeles or other big cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul get a lot of action out of this forum.
We seem to have a lot of interest in the area and have been able to generate a nice turnout. I would also say that Minnesotans-especially you Mike and iVTEC, do you? have put us on the map. We just have been loosely organized in the past. Hopefully, we can organize more events and activities in the future. I certainly would like to see more action in the spring and summer. One meet for most of the summer just doesn't cut it for me.

I also feel like I have made some good friends here on the forum, especially you Mike. I enjoyed meeting the other guys as well and would relish the chance for us to get our cars together, even if we just stand around in a parking lot schmoozing.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
any1 going to black friday sales? I'm probaly going to bestbuy in burnsville or eagan for a LCD tv, not sure samsung or panasonic

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,917 Posts
We seem to have a lot of interest in the area and have been able to generate a nice turnout. I would also say that Minnesotans-especially you Mike and iVTEC, do you? have put us on the map. We just have been loosely organized in the past. Hopefully, we can organize more events and activities in the future. I certainly would like to see more action in the spring and summer. One meet for most of the summer just doesn't cut it for me.

I also feel like I have made some good friends here on the forum, especially you Mike. I enjoyed meeting the other guys as well and would relish the chance for us to get our cars together, even if we just stand around in a parking lot schmoozing.
Thanks for the kind words! I just don't have much of a life so I am constantly on this forum haha. But I've noticed a lot of we Minnesotans are very big posters, and we keep ourselves active on the forum and in meets and what not.

Most of the meets, if I recall correctly, were Dave (Exeon's) doings, so props to him for at least setting up the very first one, if nothing else!

I have a feeling with people like you and a lot of the other newer guys I've seen on here from Minnesota being as active on here as you are, we can get a lot more meets going on and a lot more casual hang outs, even if its just to go to grab a bite to eat or something. I'm game for that anytime. You've definitely been a huge bolster to the ranks, Bill!

I've made a lot of good friends on this forum (something I never expected to do on a car forum, to be honest), and you're definitely one of them: we sooo click!

Any time you, likewise to any of the other Civic guys from Minnesota, wanna grab a bite to eat or a drink to drink, I'm game, just send me a PM and I'll shoot you my cell phone and what not.

Whoever made this thread, good idea!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,917 Posts
any1 going to black friday sales? I'm probaly going to bestbuy in burnsville or eagan for a LCD tv, not sure samsung or panasonic
What kinda prices they have going on for those TVs? My TV actually finally just bit the big one and I have been without for over a week. I've never been closer to insanity in my entire life. You never realize how much it matters until its gone!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
new topic: the vancouver canucks.

eff em, I say. did anyone watch that disgraceful game last night? teams like the canucks ruin the game, imo. ohlund and his two handed slash to koivu in the back of his legs (while he was skating away... and while the score was 5-2 with 5 minutes left in the game). Oh, and did you see that the sedin twins won gold and silver in the canadian ice diving championships? lol. not to mention all of the lopsided calls the refs were making... I was flashing back to the wild/ducks playoff series last season. rematch wednesday in st. paul.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
new topic: the vancouver canucks.

eff em, I say. did anyone watch that disgraceful game last night? teams like the canucks ruin the game, imo. ohlund and his two handed slash to koivu in the back of his legs (while he was skating away... and while the score was 5-2 with 5 minutes left in the game). Oh, and did you see that the sedin twins won gold and silver in the canadian ice diving championships? lol. not to mention all of the lopsided calls the refs were making... I was flashing back to the wild/ducks playoff series last season. rematch wednesday in st. paul.

Bill, Vancouver along with Anaheim are the two dirtiest teams in hockey. I didn't see the game last night and it is probably good because my bloodpressure would have gone up. At least we beat Edmonton on Thursday.

Too funny about the Sedin twins. Ice diving indeed. I thought the NHL was going to be handing out penalties more often to stop this. As for the slash, Jacques Lemier said that Koivu's leg could have been broken. Derek Boogard was apparently seething and is already looking for the rematch on Wednesday. That is one game I am not going to miss.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Bill, Vancouver along with Anaheim are the two dirtiest teams in hockey. I didn't see the game last night and it is probably good because my bloodpressure would have gone up. At least we beat Edmonton on Thursday.

Too funny about the Sedin twins. Ice diving indeed. I thought the NHL was going to be handing out penalties more often to stop this. As for the slash, Jacques Lemier said that Koivu's leg could have been broken. Derek Boogard was apparently seething and is already looking for the rematch on Wednesday. That is one game I am not going to miss.
I hope ohlund gets a suspension. There is no place for that in the game. Bertuzzi anyone? I was living in Colorado (and was an avalanche fan) when he brutally attacked Steve Moore... I've never seen so much blood on the ice. What killed me about that whole thing were the canuck fans wearing t-shirts that said "free bert" shortly after his suspension was handed to him. sadly, Steve Moore will never play pro hockey again thanks to this meat head. Bertuzzi, Cook, Ruutu, Ohlund (?)... the list of jackasses goes on.

I'd have to go ahead and lump Detroit into that group of dirty teams... maybe not so much now as they were in the late '90s, but it's no surprise to me that Bertuzzi plays for them now. what a douche.

did anyone make it to the electronics recycling thing at MOA? I was planning to go this morning, but it was canceled by noon yesterday... the company that volunteered to handle the recycling said they got more in 1 day than they expected in 3 days. This just proves to me that our local governments need to address the issue and make it easy to recycle this e-garbage. I believe people want to do it right, and not pollute our landfills with toxic minerals... but it's not made easy by our counties and cities. This problem is only going to get much worse.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is a perfect conversation for the BS thread.......

You guys are still welcome to come out to my current weekly meet. Thursday nights 7:30-9:00 at Buffalo Wild Wings in Savage/Prior Lake. Park in the bank lot next door.

We usually hang out outside for a little while and go inside around 7:45. Eat some wings, drink a beer if you want, then hand out outside a little more before leaving.

It seems like almost every week I see a NHBP SI Sedan there, but I don't know who it is.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I hope ohlund gets a suspension. There is no place for that in the game. Bertuzzi anyone? I was living in Colorado (and was an avalanche fan) when he brutally attacked Steve Moore... I've never seen so much blood on the ice. What killed me about that whole thing were the canuck fans wearing t-shirts that said "free bert" shortly after his suspension was handed to him. sadly, Steve Moore will never play pro hockey again thanks to this meat head. Bertuzzi, Cook, Ruutu, Ohlund (?)... the list of jackasses goes on.

I'd have to go ahead and lump Detroit into that group of dirty teams... maybe not so much now as they were in the late '90s, but it's no surprise to me that Bertuzzi plays for them now. what a douche.

did anyone make it to the electronics recycling thing at MOA? I was planning to go this morning, but it was canceled by noon yesterday... the company that volunteered to handle the recycling said they got more in 1 day than they expected in 3 days. This just proves to me that our local governments need to address the issue and make it easy to recycle this e-garbage. I believe people want to do it right, and not pollute our landfills with toxic minerals... but it's not made easy by our counties and cities. This problem is only going to get much worse.
Ah, Todd Bertuzzi. I remember when Bertuzzi was boasting about how the Canucks were going to take care of the Wild in the playoffs in 2003 after being down 3-1 in the series. Wiped the smugness right off his face.

I rememeber the glibness by Canuck fans after Bertuzzi took that cheap shot on Steve Moore. Bertuzzi should have been banned for life from the game IMO. At least that porcupine head Mark Crawford is not coaching there anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.