8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into clearing my headlights and taillights and I remember reading a DIY where they talked about swapping the stock bulbs with chrome amber lights. I was thinking about swapping with the chrome red lights instead. Is it illegal to have red turn signals in clear housing(front or rear)? I know quite a few cars have the turn signal in red housing and so its a red turn signal...

here's a link to the lights I was looking at http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm

I was looking at the SMT Tower II - anyone have anything good/bad to say about them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
ozzyinc said:
Red fronts= illegal
Red rears= not illegal from what i know:vtec:
I do believe that red rears aren't illegal. If so, that'd make the Corvette and many other cars illegal because their blinkers are red, even if they're built in with the brake lights.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys.

If red fronts are illegal, does that mean that anything but amber in the front is illegal? even cleared is illegal w/o amber bulb swap?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Red is illegal in the front because cops use those and blue. Impersonation of a police car/officer is illegal, AFAIK. But, yes, essentially anything but amber is illegal because it is easy to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts