8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Gains wise, AJP. However, their customer service, unless your in Florida appears to be fairly terrible. Lots of horror stories.

GReddy is the other option.

BTW: Search. :D

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Replaces Intake and header.

Maybe you should look into getting a Supercharger instead. Only really replaces the intake manifold.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
In this case, please do research on both subjects. Yes a turbo will push out more. If you're going into this whole thing with the knowledge that you have now, it's probably a good idea for you to search the forums so you know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
do you know if you get a turbo setup you would be spending 3000 dollars or more?

i think you ned to do some general research on turbocharging.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
beware of force induction, just to let you know that. they have their pros and they have their cons as well. i would recommend you stay all motor, if you don't want deal with a lot of headache with you car later on.

turbo
pro - sound awesome, can easily get you 40+ hp.

con - boost lag, electrical problem, running too lean or rich.

supercharger
pro - sound crazy, can easily get you 30+ hp, no boost lag.

con - heatsoak, get hot really quick, loose power and make power.

Nitrous
pro - make you car fast for a second.

con - can easily blow your motor up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Depends how well you keep your car, but either way turbo is going to hurt your car a lot more.

Lots of stress to the engine, considering our SI's already have high compression, you'll need to be putting in some high PSI's for big punches.

I think if you keep your car for longer than a year or so supercharger would probably last longer.

If you just want higher performance without the big harm, get good intake, header, and exhaust system. With those basic mods you'll get more punch and can take out most cars out there :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
chanchan said:
Depends how well you keep your car, but either way turbo is going to hurt your car a lot more.

Lots of stress to the engine, considering our SI's already have high compression, you'll need to be putting in some high PSI's for big punches.

I think if you keep your car for longer than a year or so supercharger would probably last longer.

If you just want higher performance without the big harm, get good intake, header, and exhaust system. With those basic mods you'll get more punch and can take out most cars out there :)
What would be the best combination/ brands for those performance mods. I have a Nbp 07 Si and Im new to mods.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
How are 17 year olds getting Si's? Man I am so jealous dude When I was 17 I had an 88 Accord!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Skyline4life said:
I got my si when i was 16..and i'm paying fot all 24k of it, insurance and gas!
How'd you get the financing?

BTW I know it can be argued either way, but isn't it more common to hear a supercharger causing more stress on your car and having mechanical issues...:confused:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
chugiboi said:
Nitrous
pro - make you car fast for a second.

con - can easily blow your motor up.
Actually bro, that is not quite accurate. You will no more easily blow your motor with nitrous than you will by supercharging or turbocharging it.

When using nitrous, one should use proper safeguards. Using a full throttle switch to activate the nitrous only under full throttle, using a window map switch to control the kick in and phase out and making sure your motor has the proper A/F ratio will assure you that your motor will be up to the job.

When done properly, nitrous can be safe and very effective and not the least bit harmful to your motor.

·
Registered
192 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Actually bro, that is not quite accurate. You will no more easily blow your motor with nitrous than you will by supercharging or turbocharging it.

When using nitrous, one should use proper safeguards. Using a full throttle switch to activate the nitrous only under full throttle, using a window map switch to control the kick in and phase out and making sure your motor has the proper A/F ratio will assure you that your motor will be up to the job.

When done properly, nitrous can be safe and very effective and not the least bit harmful to your motor.
:shady:

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
NitrousG35 said:

only if it's done properly, and you'll have to know how to use it. i know a lot of crazy newbies out here in my area be spraying nos and end up blowing their motor up or get leaks. when you're running nitrous, you'll have to maintain your motor a lot more than supercharger and turbo. you don't really have to maintain your motor that much with supercharger or turbo if you don't race.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts