8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Cool video, I wonder how many times the civic can do those runs before it blows up and the stock R8 with a warranty just keeps on driving, maybe even stopping off for a free scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool video, I wonder how many times the civic can do those runs before it blows up and the stock R8 with a warranty just keeps on driving, maybe even stopping off for a free scheduled maintenance.
lol... I guess

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
400-500whp on this engine lasts a VERY long time with a good tune...there are people on here that have been at 450+ for 3-4 years and are still chugging along. The only thing that we really have to worry about is the trans.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
400-500whp on this engine lasts a VERY long time with a good tune...there are people on here that have been at 450+ for 3-4 years and are still chugging along. The only thing that we really have to worry about is the trans.
I'm not tryign to bash the Si here, I have one. Im just wondering how long a motor with 3x its factory output can hold up.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
I'm not tryign to bash the Si here, I have one. Im just wondering how long a motor with 3x its factory output can hold up.
Hence why i answered your question, you can drive this car for years and years at 400+. I rocked 417 for 1.5 years without a single issue driving it like a stole it every day. I'm not exaggerating, they literally can last 100k miles with 400hp if you just do regular maintenance with a good tune.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hence why i answered your question, you can drive this car for years and years at 400+. I rocked 417 for 1.5 years without a single issue driving it like a stole it every day. I'm not exaggerating, they literally can last 100k miles with 400hp if you just do regular maintenance with a good tune.
:drooling:

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's my buddy's FA5 and its still running strong til this day and I believe he has upgraded his turbo too.

He's pretty damn good at tuning and building his cars.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thats Zack! guy is beast and a pretty good tuner. also that set up is only with gt30, and now he is going with 6262 i believe.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That's outstanding !!

And yes a boosted k serias will last a very long time.ive been boosted for over 3years and I've never had a problem.this motor have really strong internals and could hold over 400 hp with no problem

·
Registered
706 Posts
The Audi/discount Lamborghini is nice but honestly since turbo Hondas appeared and even before that people always say they would rather have the more expensive car as if we are judging retail price

A race such as this shows power to weight. The majority of fun runs are like that. If your a d-bag you point out the retail cost after losing. An enthusiast would appreciate the mods and give you props.

If you've never lost a race chances are you've never run against a decent build or driver

Attitude is everything. I hate sore d-bag losers - they take the fun out of racing

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
The Audi/discount Lamborghini is nice but honestly since turbo Hondas appeared and even before that people always say they would rather have the more expensive car as if we are judging retail price

A race such as this shows power to weight. The majority of fun runs are like that. If your a d-bag you point out the retail cost after losing. An enthusiast would appreciate the mods and give you props.

If you've never lost a race chances are you've never run against a decent build or driver

Attitude is everything. I hate sore d-bag losers - they take the fun out of racing
Couldn't agree more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts