8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can finally be able to do one of these but im having a problem picking which. Turbo will probly pull better numbers but the kits out right now seem to be having a lot of difficulties. I was planning when the Jackson Racing SC comes out I would be getting that, but I want better numbers so im having a hard time. SC would probly be more safe for the engine and it is still under warranty. I cant decide. Who can complain about the sound of a supercharger, but who can complain with the numbers the turbo pulls. Give me some opinions

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
here is one question to consider, do you like lag or instant boost? if you want the instant boost, get a supercharger, turbos also require a little more upkeep than a blower and in my past experiences require a lot more work if something would malfunction. (note this is my past experiences some may have had different)

or screw it.........TWIN CHARGE!!!! lol i wish

·
Registered
890 Posts
In my opinion, it'll depend on what you decide to use your car for. Both systems have their ups and downs but I really feel it depends on if you want to keep your car a daily driver or actually race it regularly. If you decide to keep it as a daily driver, I would suggest supercharging your ride, as it's easier to install, requires minimum tunning, easier to maintain and gives you boost throughout the entire RPM range. If you plan on racing your car at all, I would suggest turbo for the numbers they put down. It takes much more work to install and tune but if done right, you can have one mean racing machine. This is not to say you can't have a supercharged race car or a turbo charged daily driver but I feel with what's available at this time, it's the best route to go. Good luck!

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions. Thing is, Im going to be getting the magnaflow exhaust for X-mas and then im going to buy the Buddyclub header. It is going to take me awhile to save up the money, but I think the supercharger will be the way to go if I already have an intake and race header and exhaust, I would be replacing all three for the turbo. If I got these up I should be running nice numbers with a supercharger add on, dont you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.