8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scenerio: 07 si with cat back exhaust and cai.

boost options: greddy turbo kit or comptech s/c kit.

what would you guys do? im thinking greddy bc you can always upgrrade if you want more power to a bigger turbo...but then you can allso use smaller pulleys on the s/c.... hmm. plus a turbo spooling and bov are sexy sounds ;)

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
yeah but superchargers are more reliable. comptech for the win

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
apples to oranges. all depends on what your goals are. if this is a daily driver and you want the more reliable set up and you'd be content with under 300whp i'd say supercharger.
greddy is also a great product and would be reliable as well just not as hassle free and maint. free as a blower. but would have the ability to upgrade easier down the road. i think you wouldnt be dissapointed with either scenerio but it would depend on what your final goals are down the line.

edit: i forgot to mention the sound of a supercharger whining up is pretty damn close to sex.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
apples to oranges. all depends on what your goals are. if this is a daily driver and you want the more reliable set up and you'd be content with under 300whp i'd say supercharger.
greddy is also a great product and would be reliable as well just not as hassle free and maint. free as a blower. but would have the ability to upgrade easier down the road. i think you wouldnt be dissapointed with either scenerio but it would depend on what your final goals are down the line.

edit: i forgot to mention the sound of a supercharger whining up is pretty damn close to sex.
Haha... If the sound of a screaming demon is close to sex, you have issues. jk jk... It's an amazing sound which I would prefer over a bov any day!:dancing:

·
Registered
82 Posts
if youve ever seen dyno graphs of a turbo to a supercharger, supercharger curves are much more straight. its constant power verse power over 5000 rpms or wherever it spools at. cant you run a bov with a supercharger?? im torn with this decision also.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
if youve ever seen dyno graphs of a turbo to a supercharger, supercharger curves are much more straight. its constant power verse power over 5000 rpms or wherever it spools at. cant you run a bov with a supercharger?? im torn with this decision also.
you can also run it with a cai.:thumb: but it wont do anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.