8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to see what everyone was thinking of doing for the Si and for the reg ex,lx

i preordered my si and stuck between the super from comptech and going n/a

anyone know which one would have more power?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
It depends on how much money you're willing to sink into it in both instances....compression ratio is really high on the stock Si, so you'll have to bring it down to go FI, NA's going to require opening up the block to make it stronger. Both will probably void the warranty. lol.

As far as me though, I'm going to stick with NA until I decide whether I want to FI or not. I'm still unsure and think the potential with the Si's engine is quite vast from data I've seen on the TOV project car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will surpass the origional si from 99-00 i saw some of those get into 600hp range. i really like comptechs bolt on and it doesnt look like you have to drop the compression, it uses 5 psi and gains of about 50hp, so it will go with the compression i think, they say its bolt on

·
Registered
35 Posts
well whataver you decide to do make sure you do yoru research before you jump to it. i personally dont like s/c but thats me, id only do it to a mustang or some other v8. z06 :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
u shouldnt have to change anything for that "bolt on" Comptech. BOLT ON.... especially when it's only running 5 psi. 50hp on 5spi is decent but I dont like the idea of a SC when u could go turbo. just me though.... either way = more power :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im just askin what people whant, im not decided because the market didnt even start yet, actually i may be going all motor, seeing the tov car.

but my mind is still wide open

·
Registered
238 Posts
What could you do with an EX?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alot eventually but wont get farther than low 13's if you manual. turbo prob dezod will make one, internals(pistons, rods, camshaft, cam gear pulley) check out 7th gen civic pretty much the same, but have to wait till parts out for the r18(i think thats the engine code)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts