8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering, what's the best way to go....Turbo or S/C? I like S/C's sound, very nice. I like turbo's power given....hmm.....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
well it depends on what you want....lower rpm power or high rpm power...also reliability ? there is alot of threads on this

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i say go comptech S/C. Its the only reliable forced induction method out now thats been proven by many on this forum. most us stage 1 guys with I/H/E are putting down at least 255 wheel hp. And stage 2 is not far from being released from comptech.

It looks like pure sex under the hood. Looks like it came S/C from honda.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
if I could choose I would go AJP, I love how much power that puts down and I'm power hungry but yeah the supercharger will have the full boost and lower rpm and reliability

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
There was a time before I knew the 8th that I thought AJP was the shiznit..... now I am far from that opinion, also I was sold on turbo, just because Im a sucker for the way a BOV sounds...... but now the S/C from RedShift Motorsports looks way too tempting given the problems with turbo on the Si... it's up to you, I just wouldn't go AJP unless you live in their backyard. My two pennies

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
-turbos are fun and so are superchargers. its really up to you.
-you can call us comptech owners biased, but in reality, they are the only company tried and tested on the board with no major( i havnt heard of any minor either) flaws. just good, safe, reliable power.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok guys, i'm very interested in the Comptech S/C or Redshift's. =) can you buy a intercooler for the s/c?

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Redshift Stage 2 will come with an I/C. They also offer a kit to add one to your current Comptech setup.

The Turbo vs S/C debate has been going on since they were both conceived. Your best bet is to read up on both and decide what you want. Posting a thread like this all you will get is a fight.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The supercharger is more complex with more moving parts. However, the power it adds is fairly linear throughout the torque curve, making for better drivability in all conditions. This, in my opinion, is more important than raising your peak horsepower.

Personally, I think having the Comptech kit installed by an experienced shop is the most reliable option.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
uh yea. its a high compression motor already.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts