8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, thanks to anyone who can help me out about this, just need a little help in making up my mind.

i am considering buying one of the new turbo mafia exhaust systems but am a little scared about buying from a new company like this. i have had a few pm's back and forth with the company and the customer service seems top of the line:thumb:
i am thinking about going 3", one resonator, jdm, carbon ti muffler (n/a now but hopefully going turbo next year, dont want to have to go 3" later)
it seems like they may be a great company, just wanted to see if anyone had any type of feedback on them. i know that they are relatively new, and that no one has recieved any of their orders yet, but has anyone heard anything good or bad about the quality of their products?

i really wanna order this tonight
just trying to make sure that they make a solid product that isnt gonna fall apart in a few months.

any suggestions would be great

thanks a ton

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I ordered a system and am now waiting for it to arrive. I was going to get a Comptech, but I was pleased with the variety of options that Turbo Mafia gives you. I'll post pics and vids when I get my system.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, thats the problem, no one has recieved theirs yet.
does anyone know how any of their products for other cars are?
i like the whole, custom, you builid it theme and it seems like it may be great stuff, just want a little security knowing they are a good company and that the 660 bucks im about to drop will be on high quality stuff

anyone have any ideas how their stuff is for other cars?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i had an order put in about 1-1.5 weeks ago. but mine is special. they told me it would be about 1-2 weeks for parts to arrive. then another 2-3 weeks to construct because of where i was on the list. i paid bout $500 (including shipping) for straight 3", no resonator and no muffler, jdm angle. (i plan on putting my own muffler/resonator) its $100 more for an added accessory i preffered. their customer service was excellent tho, as i spoke with them personally over the phone and ensured everything. good company so far. will do a review on my exhuast as well. hope this helps.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, when i talked to them it seemed like it was great customer service. the thing that i was concerned about was the quality and that nothing would break, problem is no one has recieved theirs yet.

do you think they would repair broken welds or whatever, etc

·
Registered
281 Posts
i figure that if u notice it begore putting it on the car, they'll gladly take it back and fix. just pm them if so, they respond really quick. otherwise, because its steel, unlike the one im gettin, any exhaust shop can fix with ease. im sure there shouldnt be any problem with it.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
bwagner31 said:
yeah, thats the problem, no one has recieved theirs yet.
does anyone know how any of their products for other cars are?
i like the whole, custom, you builid it theme and it seems like it may be great stuff, just want a little security knowing they are a good company and that the 660 bucks im about to drop will be on high quality stuff

anyone have any ideas how their stuff is for other cars?

Before they were on here, they were only a different car forum. Alot of those guys loved there quality, customer service, and no one i know of had anything bad to say.

If the welds crack ( i dont see how, there frikin amazing ) you can have a local shop repair it for really cheap ( like 5-10 bucks ). It wouldnt be worth taking the exhaust off, shipping it ( paying 100 bucks in shipping ) and waiting for it to ship back, and put it back on to fix it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
I ordered a system and am now waiting for it to arrive. I was going to get a Comptech, but I was pleased with the variety of options that Turbo Mafia gives you. I'll post pics and vids when I get my system.
Hey Bill! I was hoping someone I knew would order a system from Turbo Mafia. I really want to order a system, but I don't know crap about what exhaust system to get. If you could give me some pointers I would really appreciate it.

-Clay

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Bambamsd said:
Hey Bill! I was hoping someone I knew would order a system from Turbo Mafia. I really want to order a system, but I don't know crap about what exhaust system to get. If you could give me some pointers I would really appreciate it.

-Clay
Hey Clay, I am really impressed with the Turbo Mafia system. First of all, you can select your tubing diameter-2.25", 2.50" or 3.0". Next you can select the JDM style under the lower control arm or a straight style which is over the lower control arm.

You also have a wide variety of mufflers to choose from as well as selecting one or two resonators.

I have chosen a 2.5" pipe diameter, which should reduce backpressure and free up a few ponies. I am going with an over the lower control arm configuration. To keep the noise level down, I have selected two resonators and will use a Magnaflow oval muffler which should sound throaty, especially in VTEC while not being obnoxious.

There are many good systems out there-Skunk 2, Comptech, Greddy, Vibrant , Apexi, Tanabe and Megan to name a few. I have chosen the Turbo Mafia because of the quality I have seen in the photos, the price and the fact that you can custom design your system to meet your specific needs. What separates Turbo Mafia from the others is the custom tuning that you can do.

PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to all those that answered in the thread. i finally sucked it up and ordered the exhaust tonight :dancing:

but.. i never saw where to put in my username so i still hope i got the discount (it came up with the discounted price in the order)
i went with one resonator (that may possibly removed when i hopefully go f/i next year), 3" (for turbo), jdm,and carbon ti muffler.

does anyone know when they are making them and shipping them out?
i figured 2-3 weeks to make and a week to ship? sound fair?
hoping i get it in by thanksgiving.

hope everyone likes there system when it arrives, let me know how things turn out

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
my how the tables have turned....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts