8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: ok i have a question about the location of the turbo in the si's engine bay...
in this picture of the AEM car, you can clearly see the turbo and imo it looks pretty mean...
http://www.k-series.com/media/SEMA_2005/aae

and then in the Greddy car, the turbo is hidden behind the engine where the headers go, like normally...
http://www.k-series.com/media/SEMA_2005/aaj

i'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction and explain it too me and if its a stupid question, im sorry.
Thank you..

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
what's the actual question? You can put the turbo in either location. Usually the closer to the engine the better. I've seen it both ways on the RSX as well.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh ok i was juss wondering why the turbo was so visible... because i have never seen it like that. so you are saying that the turbo location on the greddy and tein and others are better than the aem...? okie dokie ill keep that in mind thank you for clearing it up for me.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i heard about that ^^^ isnt that suposed to reduce heat or something so your turbo lasts longer or somethin like that??? but wouldnt that cause a lot of turbo lag? ill just keep it right on the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What companies have turbo's that are compatable with this gen of civic? I just got an ex coupe in atomic blue during the holidays. I already want to do something to it, but I dont know how much $$ im going to need to save. Do they need testers etc?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
brownandconfused said:
What companies have turbo's that are compatable with this gen of civic? I just got an ex coupe in atomic blue during the holidays. I already want to do something to it, but I dont know how much $$ im going to need to save. Do they need testers etc?
first off, welcome to 8th civic. Sema showed a couple companies with turbos but so far there hasnt been any production kits yet. Im sure there wont be a kit for the ex until kits are out for the si... ive been keeping my eyes opened though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
can i ask why is it better to have the turbo closer to the block? or what your saying is the turbo should be closer to the exhaust of which it begins

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
SiCkCiViC04-SI said:
can i ask why is it better to have the turbo closer to the block? or what your saying is the turbo should be closer to the exhaust of which it begins
the closer to the block - usually is the better result. More heat, more exhaust flow, etc. It helps to spin the turbo up faster and keeps loss to a minimum from things I've read.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts