8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey do any of u guys have like a list of every part u need for a turbo kit or knows a kit that is complete meaning you don't need to buy anything else. I want to keep it carb legal since I like in Cali

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard that the SRT was not a very good turbo kit. No carb legal turbo well there is always the other way of doing it lol ;)

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
you didnt ask whats good or not...jsut a complete kit...so i answered.

and opinions are like assholes....

you want a 100% complete kit? get srt. the only complaints i heard were the oil return setup (been fixed) and the manifold had a problem that it was cracking (being fixed, if not already)

you want a great kit that will make alot of power, is sold with things needed to be bought and added on? get full race

you want a very basic kit that will make small gains and still needs things added on? get greddy

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Why did you start 2 threads asking the same question?

Do some research around here and you'll find the answer to all your questions. Here's what I suggest:

1. Read the stickies
2. If you still have questions, go back to #1
3. Read, read, read and read the other threads
4. Then ask a specific question, not the dumb general questions that are asked every other day.

And just so you know, no CARB legal turbo.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
OP, if you have to ask such a basic, simple question by opening a thread like this then you should forget it. There's so much involved with a turbo setup it'll make you dizzy. This is way above your head.

I love boost, and don't necessarily want to discourage people from looking into it, but when I see threads like this I can't help but be blunt. You need to research a TON before you ever consider going turbo.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
OP, if you have to ask such a basic, simple question by opening a thread like this then you should forget it. There's so much involved with a turbo setup it'll make you dizzy. This is way above your head.

I love boost, and don't necessarily want to discourage people from looking into it, but when I see threads like this I can't help but be blunt. You need to research a TON before you ever consider going turbo.

or he could just find a good shop and tell them he wants a nice turbo set up..

not everyone does it them self.. ive done alot of my turbo set ups and helped alot of other ppl with theres..

but this time around im just paying a shop to build me a setup lol MUCH EASIER.

so OP if u have the money then just take ur car to a good shop who has boosted hondas in the past give them the options of what kits u can afford and go from there..

as far as up keep goes, what ull need to do is do a crap ton of reasearch after u get the car back so u know the basics, and u can always go back to the shop who did ur setup for maintenance

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
All you need is piping, a turbo, a few bolts, an intercooler, couplers, and oil return lines. Buy the turbo and intercooler online. Then go to home depot and ask for the rest.

Or you can go on ebay and buy a turbo kit that's already put together. It comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
All you need is piping, a turbo, a few bolts, an intercooler, couplers, and oil return lines. Buy the turbo and intercooler online. Then go to home depot and ask for the rest.

Or you can go on ebay and buy a turbo kit that's already put together. It comes with everything you need.
:facepalm:
i dont see a manifold in your list?
so home depot will carry a manifold for me? thats great to know! thanks! i must have walked right past that section last time i was there and not even noticed.
and 3 bolts?! wow.
also, your right...i guess an oil feed line is over rated. you dont need one of those either.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts

Wow thats probably the worst ever advise i have read on here. OP just read, there are a ton of threads that will answer every single question you have and you might even learn something.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I think Zach's post was a joke.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts