8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say I decide to use you guys for tuning. I figure I'll already piss you off because I'm using AccessPORT (and we all know how much Vit likes AccessPORT lol). How much more would I piss you guys off if I said I was hoping to get a good autocross tune?

I bring this up because I've got a good base tune on my car right now for the street, but with how aggressively you are off and on the throttle in autocrossing it stands to reason that an aggressive street tune might not make a good autocrossing setup. You also spend a lot of time part-throttle and a lot of time in the upper RPM range while part throttle so the potential for knock and lean has to be pretty high right? I'll be up front and honest and say that I have NOT messed with any part throttle ANYTHING in my map, but the previous person who built it possibly could have (it's a Spec M stage 2 stock intake map off of Accesstuners).

So, do you do it? If so, would it be an extra cost off of the $200 tuning cost (i.e. would it be a special map charge)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
I think you've got the right idea.

You'd want as much power out of the tune as possible, but not at the expense of throttle control.

The Cobb stage 1 on my WRX absolutely kills throttle control. Turns it into a friggin on/off switch. That is horrible when you have a torquey car. I don't even use it for autocross, but I can't even stand it on the street. For autocross, without a doubt, my car will get around the course faster with the OE map over the Cobb map.

With the Si, with barely any torque, its probably not as big an issue, you can use the throttle as an on/off switch without upsetting the car, and really, its great for lift off oversteer, but still, I'd recommend some throttle mapping with a wide range of control.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
1) FlashPro
2) Full tune

All your concerns will go out the window. I have a few people racing with my tunes (autox among them).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts