8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be receiving my Cobb AP tomorrow from a fellow forum member and in the meantime I was trying to look for some introductions or basics on adjusting for the results I am looking for. I want to be able to have a map that is pointing towards performance and another for economy because I drive a minimum of 50 miles per day. Any advice on where to look or some friendly hints would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the base maps, but I am looking to learn about adjusting various parameters for my needs, which is much more useful than just knowing how to put pre-made maps on the car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried looking around for how to tune for cold starts because my car takes about 2 secs to start when not running for 8+ hours or so and it is really annoying. I would at least like to get it down to a 1sec start up. Anybody know how to tune for cold starts? ps. I do not live in freezing temps, just cold in the morning and such

·
Registered
170 Posts
^^^^ IDK man. I don't know crap! lol. I know how to map tune it, that's it. I'm like really nervous for tuning, and to be honest, I didn't even know I could tune the fuel and all that stuff...:facepalm:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh, just go to COBB and they have already made a tune for your car. Like Injen intake and full exhaust. <<<That's a stage 2 tune. And you download that and just put it on the access tuner.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I tried looking around for how to tune for cold starts because my car takes about 2 secs to start when not running for 8+ hours or so and it is really annoying. I would at least like to get it down to a 1sec start up. Anybody know how to tune for cold starts? ps. I do not live in freezing temps, just cold in the morning and such
I'm not a cobber, but you've got to find an area in the tune where you can increase either Cranking Fuel, or cold start water temperature compensation. Whatever you find you need to add fuel and see if it makes it better.. if it gets worse do the opposite.

If their software is similar to the subarus there is a of info out there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
haha you guys are funny, i remember when i had Cobb too very good device!! but to fully get the most from it is an ACTUAL tune---my suggestion is to put all your performance or wouldbe performance parts on then go to Etunez and ask for Rulo--actually any of them can help your car run right and efficient.

>>>my friend got tuned by Rulo, when he had I/Exh and his car did ok for what it was and he was budget minded too(he picked the cheaper tune) after he installed a HEADER and retuned he made better gains and the car felt a lot more peppy lol the stock tunes should get you by DONT try and rig anything you can hurt your motor which will sux

·
Registered
170 Posts
haha you guys are funny, i remember when i had Cobb too very good device!! but to fully get the most from it is an ACTUAL tune---my suggestion is to put all your performance or wouldbe performance parts on then go to Etunez and ask for Rulo--actually any of them can help your car run right and efficient.

>>>my friend got tuned by Rulo, when he had I/Exh and his car did ok for what it was and he was budget minded too(he picked the cheaper tune) after he installed a HEADER and retuned he made better gains and the car felt a lot more peppy lol the stock tunes should get you by DONT try and rig anything you can hurt your motor which will sux
It's a solid device in my opinion for a budget build. That's why I got it, I dont plan on ever getting boost. Plus I got it for a great price. I did email e-tunez last week, no response yet. Maybe I'll hit them up on this forum. Because I don't want to take a chance with tuning it myself (besides the pre made tunes). I'm a noob and not afraid to tell. lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts