8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just as the title states I was down at Evans Tuning wednesday for my Dyno Tune appointment and I have to say wow Jeff great tune I'm loving it.

Heres the baseline and end result of 4th gear pulls on the DynaPack

By jinuseanbomb at 2010-05-08

Didn't hit the 200 mark but very pleased with the results throughout the rpm range. Running an Injen Cai, P2R TBS, stock header, random tech high flow cat, and greddy TI-C catback. Goes to show how much of a gain there is to be had with a race header.

Here are other Pics of the man himself Jeff Evans at work with my car and a vid of one of the pulls. Enjoy!

And the vid

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Jinuseanbomb/videos/detail/#29/mov00779.mp4

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add it was done using flashpro... I forgot to add that :biggrin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you'll be smiling after the tuning is finished! trust me :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't forget to post your results!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I got tuned yesterday by Jeff and honestly I'm a little dissapointed with my results. It may have been because it was 80 degrees and high humidity. My biggest upgrades in addition to similar parts in this setup are an Invidia race header, 3in exhaust, RDX injectors and NST pulleys. The best pull was only 211hp and 159tq. I'd like to blame it on the weather but I was hoping to see my hp number closer to 220. Oh, well...I guess its an excuse to continue moddin lol

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Dude, you could easily go to another dyno and put down 225 whp, and then to another and put down 193 whp. It's just a number and doesn't mean much. A great way to look at it is the fact that your only real power gainers above the OPs are a full header and a 3" exhaust, which netted you 13 more ft lbs of torque and 16 whp over him. Sounds pretty damn good to me

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not complaining and I am quite pleased but over the last few months after doing a lot of research and comparing different setups it seemed like my numbers would be around 220. But like you said, many things including dyno, temp, humidity, etc effect the kind of numbers you will see. Overall I am pretty happy with the outcome though.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I'm not complaining and I am quite pleased but over the last few months after doing a lot of research and comparing different setups it seemed like my numbers would be around 220. But like you said, many things including dyno, temp, humidity, etc effect the kind of numbers you will see. Overall I am pretty happy with the outcome though.
Well it's like I said.. you are at 220... just not on that dyno. See why dyno numbers don't really mean much? On church's you'd probably be like 260 hp lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts