8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much horsepower will TSX 06+ cams get you? any data? I mean just the cams on top of standard NA mods (H/I/E/reflash), I don't mean with kpro or some special custom tune, just TSX cams. what are they going to get me?

·
Registered
251 Posts
xfactorwrx don't want to high jack the thread but what's the difference between the v2 and the one that I'm buying?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, you did. It sounds like the cams will get you a little more time and space for air to flow in and out of the cylinders mainly in v-tec. I'm building a car that will ultimately be boosted (SC). Sounds like the cams will get me more out of a boosted application and may yeild a little something in the mean time as I maybe waiting until 2010 for a good SC to hit the market. If your car runs smooth with them and you have no issues I'm up for the Cams and if your v2 x-intake isn't to loud I'm in for that as well, 15-18hp for our cars is alot, and very noticable in such a light car.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah I should have everything installed, by the 30th. When I do I am immediately going to get dynoed on a dynojet at Performance Autosport in the far west end. As soon as they are in I'll send you a message and you can come check it out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, I'm up for the dyno as well, it would be good to get my car dynoed at this point just to know where it's at. If your over 210whp, i'm definitely going cams and v2 x-intake.

·
Registered
807 Posts
How much for something like that???Would one want the Skunk2 stage1 cams orrrr TSX??
And I tried to search and I dont know what Im looken for HaHaHa!!!
Is it the cog looken thing like a gear??? or the rod looken thing with loabs???
Oh Im a mega noob HaHaHa!!! And while Im at it how much work is it to slap one of
theis things in????:iorun:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah I am comfortable with just doing the TSX cams for now. IF a good tuning solution comes out, my tsx cams will be for sale and I will be going with a stage 2 valvetrain and cams.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts