8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Reflash doesn't tune....

If you want them to work at their best I would recommend xfactorwrx's version 2 intake - It will actually adjust the AFR and tune the car.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
what about reflash, tsx cams, and x factor intake.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Your kidding right. how does an intake tune a car?lol. How do you think x got power from his cams. He got a reflash just for the cams..

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Zeuceone said:
Your kidding right. how does an intake tune a car?lol. How do you think x got power from his cams. He got a reflash just for the cams..
No sir, I'm not kidding. Are you?

Our cars have MAF sensors, they tell the ECM how much air they see and the ECM adds fuel and timing respectively.

Ask X himself, he has a plain jane hondata reflash - Strait from Hondata's website: "The K20Z3-06Si reflash lowers the VTEC point to 4500 rpm, advances the cam angle and raises the rev limit to 8600 rpm."

This does NOTHING to AFRs.

X's version 2 intake makes the MAF read rich to compensate for the extra air the cams let into the combustion chamber.

Without the Version 2 intake X ran a little lean with the cams.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
X just has the regular Hondata reflash. It's not a custom reflash for cams. There is not one currently for sale. The Hondata reflash doesn't even really tune anything, just moves the vtec point.

:yeahthat:

Also my cams come tomorrow, so as soon as X gets me my V2 intake I will have them installed and dynoed for you guys.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Zeuceone said:
Why do people get the reflash when they go turbo or s/c? That's how they tune the car.. Where have you been.
This is a different reflash than the one you're going to get if you just send your ECU in wanting a reflash.

Comptech and hondata have a reflash specifically for the comptech SC - thats not going to work for a cammed NA motor.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Zeuceone:

I think that you are mistaken in your assumptions about the reflash for cams. There isn't one out there right now specifically for cammed cars. That is why xfactorwrx made a V2 intake so that he could richen up his AFRs. The fact that he has the standard Hondata reflash makes your arguement irrelevant.

I believe that certain turbo or S/C systems use a Hondata reflash specifically tuned for their systems (AJP, Comptech...), this isn't just the standard reflash.

PS: Where have YOU been?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
nbilyue said:
X just has the regular Hondata reflash. It's not a custom reflash for cams. There is not one currently for sale. The Hondata reflash doesn't even really tune anything, just moves the vtec point.
i think it does a lil more.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'm just sitting here laughing at all of you believing in X's intake so much. His intake is NOT the best intake around. Dynapack dyno? LOL ALMOST anyone can make that intake

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Dwn4nythng said:
I'm just sitting here laughing at all of you believing in X's intake so much. His intake is NOT the best intake around. Dynapack dyno? LOL ALMOST anyone can make that intake
holy crap. i thought we got rid of you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dwn4nythng said:
I am very happy with my X Intake V1. I can definitely feel the increase in TQ and HP through out the entire powerband.

Show me a dyno with better numbers for an intake than I'll believe you... :chill:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts