8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
You don't have to use both. The cams are interchangeable, so you can mix and match. The gains will be better if you use both though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
not sure but pple just keep there stock intake cam
i don't what "pple" you're referring to. N/A guys usually go with both tsx cams, and F/I guys use the intake cam only.

in my opinion swapping one cam is retarded, even if the gains are worth it. if your going through the time and effort of swapping cams, definitely swap both, especially since there are gains to be had from the TSX intake cam. even if you mix and match different ones its still worth it to swap both.

while the tsx exhaust cam provides the most gains of the pair at about 75% or so, the tsx intake cam is still measurably better than the z3 intake cam.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i don't what "pple" you're referring to. N/A guys usually go with both tsx cams, and F/I guys use the intake cam only.

in my opinion swapping one cam is retarded, even if the gains are worth it. if your going through the time and effort of swapping cams, definitely swap both, especially since there are gains to be had from the TSX intake cam. even if you mix and match different ones its still worth it to swap both.

while the tsx exhaust cam provides the most gains of the pair at about 75% or so, the tsx intake cam is still measurably better than the z3 intake cam.
true that and why use only the exhaust when the intake has larger duration on 06tsx intake cam than 06si intake cam... plz if your are doing cams dont go by some ppl opinons in here read and do research, when i first wanted to do mines i was reading in here and everyone always had some bs about dont do it its not worth it get stage2 thi and that plz do what you want read reaserch and take your time choosing cams. i did all my installs myself h.e.cams.suspension evrything all by reading

·
Registered
312 Posts
the 05-06 tsx exhaust cams are all the same from what i read on a thread on k20a.org
the only dif is inatake on the 06tsx is the wildest and the best for our si that are not aftermarket cams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts