8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts

these are mine, putting them on sunday.
findlex 04 TSX rebuilt/reman calipers.

just google what you're looking for and you can find a lot of online auto parts dealers that have replacement parts. you can buy new but there really is no difference between new and rebuilt/reman as every worn out part gets replaced with new parts.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
04-08 would be as a direct swap as you can get. you will need to trim the brake shields and everything else would swap over. great mod feels like stock

·
Registered
321 Posts
+1 for TSX brakes! I really like the feel, it requires more pedal travel but I feel that it gives me more room for modulation. One of my friends said he definitely noticed that my braking is smoother when I'm pushing it to the limits. You know what the best part about it is? I got mine with only 10K miles on them for FREE! :D My buddy had a TSX and he replaced the front brakes and then decided to trade it in 10K miles later so we swapped them with mine lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
My buddy had a TSX and he replaced the front brakes and then decided to trade it in 10K miles later so we swapped them with mine lol
:thumbsdown: Imagine the new owner of the TSX needing his brakes replaced in the future and having to find out the pads and/or rotors don't match the ones on the car so his/her TSX is stuck on the hoist because no one has a clue as to why the parts don't match whats on the car. Fvcked up move.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
who cares. i would have done the same thing. Im in the midst of doing the conversion myself.. just waiting on some parts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
:thumbsdown: Imagine the new owner of the TSX needing his brakes replaced in the future and having to find out the pads and/or rotors don't match the ones on the car so his/her TSX is stuck on the hoist because no one has a clue as to why the parts don't match whats on the car. Fvcked up move.
i'm sure someone will realize they look like RSX-S calipers.

i'm actually thinking what happens when i go to Honda for a service and they have to shim the brakes and realize somethings wrong...lol.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
who cares, when the owner takes it to get serviced, or there's something wrong with his brakes, he'll have Honda replace them anyway.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I traded my GSR that was burning oil and didn't feel too badly about it. I washed my car just before I took it to the dealer to make the deal so they wouldn't see how black the back bumper got. The dealer probably sold it at an auto auction.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thats a chance you take buying a used car. What about the guys that have blowers and turbo kits that return the cars to stock to trade-in? They could have damaged piston ring lands or a weak headgasket and thats FAR more expensive than some brakes.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
BBK are only like $1100 these days. How much are these tsx brakes running everyone? If you get em for cheap I could see going through the trouble but Id think just saving for a quality BBK would be the smart move.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.