8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

481 - 492 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
found TSX willwood calipers..........for $300
technicaly these would bolt right to my 07 SI knuckles??
just use TSX rotors? could I get away with SI rotors for now?

using willwoods requires fancy brake line?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Not sure if you’d be able to use civic rotors. They’re thinner and smaller. It would be like driving with worn down rotors and you might mess up the pads. You might as well put on SS brake lines since you’d have to bleed each caliper anyway.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I currently have SSR wheels that have a +50 offset. I put a 3mm spacer on them so I'm effectively at +47mm wheel fitment. Per the pics on the first page, would the TSX calipers fit with 2mm less space??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can anyone definitively tell me if the calipers from both gen TSX (04-08) and (09-14) will work for this conversion? I have read mix information thus far. As well, it was mentioned that 06+ V6 accord calipers will also work, can someone also confirm?

Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Can anyone definitively tell me if the calipers from both gen TSX (04-08) and (09-14) will work for this conversion? I have read mix information thus far. As well, it was mentioned that 06+ V6 accord calipers will also work, can someone also confirm?

Thanks.
I think they are the same. But I'm not sure. I have a set of genuine OEM Nissin 04-08's TSX calipers on the way. I'm going to rebuild them, clean them up, and paint prior to mounting them on the car. I will post here once I get them on with photos. Reason why I'm doing this: Brake fluid is crap, and last time I took my Si on a mountain run, I got brake fade after I stabbed the brakes only 2 times! And I wasn't even pushing the car hard. But once I do the swap, I'll have a HPDE capable car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think they are the same. But I'm not sure. I have a set of genuine OEM Nissin 04-08's TSX calipers on the way. I'm going to rebuild them, clean them up, and paint prior to mounting them on the car. I will post here once I get them on with photos. Reason why I'm doing this: Brake fluid is crap, and last time I took my Si on a mountain run, I got brake fade after I stabbed the brakes only 2 times! And I wasn't even pushing the car hard. But once I do the swap, I'll have a HPDE capable car.
After some x-referencing on tirerack and rock auto, it would appear that all TSX front calipers are the same throughout the years. As well, the 06 V6 acccord calipers should also work. The good thing about accord calipers is that they are decently cheap brand new from a Honda dealer. I will be going to accord route snow is gone.

481 - 492 of 492 Posts