8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay first off, let me say that getting the bolts off the stock downpipe is a *****.

Other than that, the install was pretty easy. (you may have a slight issue putting the gasket between the straight pipe and the stock downpipe)

For the money, this is the best catback you can buy. You really will be impressed with the sound on first startup and in vtec.

I payed just under $250 shipped for it, and its worth every penny so far. Ill keep everyone up to date, and throw in any problems. So far, ive only had 1 issue. I ****** up an 02 sensor trying to bang out the bolts on the downpipe. To say they didnt want to move would be an understatement.

But enjoy.

Ill post up a sound clip/fly-by when i get the chance.

Product installed:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
yes they are good cat back exhaust. I have one also on my SI. Sounds good and is worth the money. I found it real easy to remove and install. i did not run into any bolts sticking.

one thing i have noticed is that when it rains outside it rattles and vibrates and you can hear it. o_O?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
well i wasnt saying it wasnt good. but on a side know im assuming this is still another 60mm exhaust, alot of us go with skunk2 for the 70mm, anyways does greddy have a 70mm evo for us yet?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
sounds good, sounds louder than a skunk2 lol. i may consider this if i didnt have a skunk2 already. only the 70mm though. ive just always been a skunk2 customer.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yea i have this exhaust too and those 3 bolts are a pain but when i got some pb blaster and soaked them every few mins for about 20 mins then went in with a breaker bar they popped right away.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
all u need to get those cat. bolts off is some leverage and something like pb blaster, and brute strength ;) leverage is the key though...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Does it come with a silencer? If people are saying this thing is louder than skunk2, I'm gunna need a back up plan for when i get pulled over lol...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
ughh... don't think I can do that then... Granted I'm in IL rather than CA where anything goes unless it angers the environment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts