8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my TSI turbo kit this week:wigglesmiley:, so im looking for a little help from the guys that have this kit on there car, like how long did it take you to ge the kit on the car, aslo what extra parts did you have to get to get it up and running right, ill take any kind of help i can get

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
took 2 weeks to install mine. one of those weeks was how long it took to get the parts that they neglected to include with the original shipment. Before you start, lay everything out, and make sure you got everything. Some stuff I need to get:

oil
filter
coolant
soldering iron
solder
flux
shrink tubing
heat wrap for down pipe
misc clamps

This list is stuff that is optional, but you would be a retard for not running it:

turbo timer
1 step colder plugs
boost gauge
wideband
some sort of boost controller
walbro 255 lph hp fuel pump

Take your time, have a buddy who knows turbos help you, and good luck

·
Registered
231 Posts
im thinking of getting this kit or the greddy im a little undisited cuz i read on here that the intercooloer piping dosnt fit that the oil lines are too short..soooo my question is before i spend my money is how complicated is it to get this kit(tsi) to work properly?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
im thinking of getting this kit or the greddy im a little undisited cuz i read on here that the intercooloer piping dosnt fit that the oil lines are too short..soooo my question is before i spend my money is how complicated is it to get this kit(tsi) to work properly?
I would personally go with the TSI over the greddy. I just rode in a Greddy
FG2 last night and it was decent,but I wouldn't spend that kind of money for that amount of power. He was making 250whp. Then again he was only on 5.5psi. I would go with the TSI for the mere fact that it comes with the Garrett GT28r which I believe is capable of making more power.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not sure how complicated its going to be but im going to give it a shot, i hope to get it up and run farly easy but ill let youll know how it gose for me

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
You don't "have" to get anything, just adjust your wastegate, BUT its highly recommended to get a boost controller preferably a EBC.

I lowered my compression with a Cometic .120" (3mm) headgasket for a RSX-S. I can safely run more boost now, but its a major pain in the a$$ to replace the headgasket with a thicker one. How much more boost is unknown, I'm still dialing in the street tune and its going on the dyno in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You don't "have" to get anything, just adjust your wastegate, BUT its highly recommended to get a boost controller preferably a EBC.

I lowered my compression with a Cometic .120" (3mm) headgasket for a RSX-S. I can safely run more boost now, but its a major pain in the a$$ to replace the headgasket with a thicker one. How much more boost is unknown, I'm still dialing in the street tune and its going on the dyno in 2 weeks.
that good do you know by how much you lowered the compression by, hope you get it dialed in soon, would like to see what kind of numbers you put out with it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.