8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an appt with Holler Honda (locally here in Orlando, FL) for this issue. i work @ that dealer, bought the car there & it was the VERY FIRST purchase when we opened March 19th mind you!!), and i will not stand for this.

i expect to have a full report once i return home from work tomorrow either with a rental (if the issue is bad) or with my car...

here's the inside scoop of what i know thus far: Honda is FINALLY beginning to acknowledge all the reports & complaints/concerns. there will likely be a TSB (NOT A RECALL) on the tranny issue on the Si's '06/'07 2/4DR... related to notchy shifts, 2nd & 3rd gear failure, grinding, etc....

good idea for the timid tommy's of the world to come forth with your TRUTHS regarding the problems if you have them. we will be heard. slowly but surely! this RR FA5 has been my FIRST ever brand new car & i will not stand back & watch Honda turn the other cheek. you shouldn't either.

/soapboxrant_speech. ;)

good luck to those trying to find a cure & good luck to those that will finally come out of hiding & start the ball rolling on a fix.

peace.

~Joey (Waterford Lakes, Orlando, FL)

p.s.-.....this is what i hear from MY dealer in specific
best case scenario: nothing wrong, no harm, no foul (HOPEFULLY!)
middle of the road scenario: tranny flush & refill with newer formula MTF
worst case scenario: demand a rental until the car has a new/rebuilt tranny

·
Registered
351 Posts
tsb came out 5 months ago change the mtf to the new mtf.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
it doesnt matter if its the new fluid. My car came with the new fluid, i still changed it just incase, and third gear wouldnt go in since then. And now when i shift above 7500rpm from 1st to 2nd, i get a grind once in a while.

They need to do something about it and soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
SOLO8thGenSi said:
i have an appt with Holler Honda (locally here in Orlando, FL) for this issue. i work @ that dealer, bought the car there & it was the VERY FIRST purchase when we opened March 19th mind you!!), and i will not stand for this.

i expect to have a full report once i return home from work tomorrow either with a rental (if the issue is bad) or with my car...

here's the inside scoop of what i know thus far: Honda is FINALLY beginning to acknowledge all the reports & complaints/concerns. there will likely be a TSB (NOT A RECALL) on the tranny issue on the Si's '06/'07 2/4DR... related to notchy shifts, 2nd & 3rd gear failure, grinding, etc....

good idea for the timid tommy's of the world to come forth with your TRUTHS regarding the problems if you have them. we will be heard. slowly but surely! this RR FA5 has been my FIRST ever brand new car & i will not stand back & watch Honda turn the other cheek. you shouldn't either.

/soapboxrant_speech. ;)

good luck to those trying to find a cure & good luck to those that will finally come out of hiding & start the ball rolling on a fix.

peace.

~Joey (Waterford Lakes, Orlando, FL)

p.s.-.....this is what i hear from MY dealer in specific
best case scenario: nothing wrong, no harm, no foul (HOPEFULLY!)
middle of the road scenario: tranny flush & refill with newer formula MTF
worst case scenario: demand a rental until the car has a new/rebuilt tranny

I am not sure but I have the same problem when the car is cold in the morning and I am driving the car it grind into 3rd gear but once the car is warmed up it is fine.

Do you all think I should go and get my MTF changed anyways?

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant hurt to at least try. i say go for it. :D best of luck!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
nayilsi said:
what does TSB mean ?

can i just take the car to the dealer and theyl fix it ?
TSB means a Technical Service Bulletin which tells the dealers/parts people what problems to fix, any updates on cars, if there is an issue with cars what to do.

You just cant take it to the dealer if they believe its normal and dont have a solution. also if it still works they dont say anything is wrong

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe Honda smartened up and now this new so-called TSB includes AMSOIL:thumb: ...instead of some Honda brand MTF...I've been using AMSOIL for 6 months and no issues...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
just swap out the MTF or engage 3rd fully with your palm and as for 1st to 2nd shift it a bit slower and it won't grind...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Blurry said:
Maybe Honda smartened up and now this new so-called TSB includes AMSOIL:thumb: ...instead of some Honda brand MTF...I've been using AMSOIL for 6 months and no issues...
Same for me. Changed to AMZOIL MTF 4 months ago and no problems since.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
htec17 said:
tsb came out 5 months ago change the mtf to the new mtf.
It wasn't a TSB.

It was a news bulletin. I've had Honda dealerships say they wouldn't do it under warranty because they weren't required to, as it wasn't a TSB.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Every time I take my car to honda over this, they start up with the "well there's no bulletin, so..." B.S. They test drove my car and saw nothing wrong with it of course.

THANK GOD for this new tsb.

When is this bulletin going live? This is gonna be fun. :box:

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
If this is true, the Honda dealership is going to hate me even more than they do now, because all I can do is smile and say "told you so: now you HAVE to do something about it"

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Special Ringpop said:
If this is true, the Honda dealership is going to hate me even more than they do now, because all I can do is smile and say "told you so: now you HAVE to do something about it"
Burnsville honda changed mine without "recreating" the problem. They even gave me a free Accord loaner. Haven't had an issue since the change.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Very interesting because I bought my FA5 from Holler Honda at there "old" location. They got the car from a dealership in Gainsville though. I took my EP3 when I had it for some of the same tranny issues but they could not replicate the problem so they said nothing they could do about it. One thing I did that did alleviate the problem somewhat is I installed a BCSS & it seemed to help. I had less engagement issues after the installation of the BCSS. I'm hoping for Buddy Club to make a full replacement like they did for the EP3 because I'll buy it the instant it comes available.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
[QUOTE='06Siguy]Burnsville honda changed mine without "recreating" the problem. They even gave me a free Accord loaner. Haven't had an issue since the change.[/QUOTE]

Really? I got into a screaming match with the service manager over the phone because he said he wouldn't cover replacing the MTF under warranty just because I had some bulletin that wasn't a TSB.

I vowed never to go there.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts