8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
click his link, it says he has JDM Wire harness cover, gen. Cold Air intake, TCsportline Burnout2 catback exaust, drilled/slotted Brake rotors w/ ceramic pads, tinted windows...

which none of those require the need for those gauges

·
Registered
428 Posts
and from what i read, i see NO reason to get the gauge pod with those gauges, if you were turboed that'd be a differ story, but with an intake,pulleys and exhaust, absolutely no reason.

you will look like one of those ppl who put a fake gauge in there car and act like there turboed, but when u come across ppl who know stuff about cars they will laugh

·
Registered
325 Posts
yeah give him a break he's just asking for some help it's his car
he can do what ever he wants to it it's not like anyone of us legally owns his
car.

but anyways ive seen a wiring diagram on google once if you have luck you may find it
tried to wire my air/fuel gauge had a friend do it for me though

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
If buy RPM gauge you mean a Tachometer then you already have one

As for Oil Pressure are you doing mechanical or electric. If your going mechanical you have to tap a oil line and then run it into the cab, if your doing electric you have a find a wire that deals with the oil system and tap it.....

Just to let you know its impossible to do a header not headerS and a downpipe.... The R18 has a downpipe only

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I don't have much done to my car.... yet.... it doesn't have a turbo.... yet. Im not to concerned with looking like a poser because I don't care. I got these gauges for FREE! from my sponsors. And i dont have alot of money so this spring I am going to be throwing in a 45 shot ZEX nitrous kit when i go to the track at Englishtown, N.J. (alot cheaper then a turbo Aprox $600.00) So the air/fuel gauge seem'd like a good idea. Zex Makes a nitrous kit that come with a Brain Box of sorts so I wont actually need to hit the Nos button it does it for you when the time is right and disables the nitrous if you start to run to rich or to lean which would be great for me a first time nitrous user. It should eliminate most of the chance of user error, im not tryin to hurt my car which is why Im going with such a small shot... Im no Pro driver but I would be interested in seeing what me and my car can do. I have to get a hold of the Officials at englishtown and see what safety measures ill need to take for them to let me run Nitrous. Ive got a lot to do to my car before then but i have a dream.

Ill be the first to admit I don't know all together to much about cars but Im learning. Thanks PowerJDM and Twisted for the post and for not acting like your to Hardcore to answer without being pricks who dont know the whole story. BTW the oil pressure seems to be mechanical tho because It came with a tube and T fitting for tapping into a line I assume. And the Tach... I like the way the aftermarket one looks better I might just see if me and my buddy who knows more then I do can disable the factory one because im gunna put the new one right over top of where the Factory one is now... mehh if not I can live with the factory one I have alot of friends I could give the new one to.

All else fails ill just take it to a shop and have them do the rest for me I have everything mounted up and power and grounds done so for now they just light up... all the shop would have to do is quick hook up the oil pressure and Tach, me and my one friend can do the Air/fuel NP.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
power to the op for being different

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
If buy RPM gauge you mean a Tachometer then you already have one

As for Oil Pressure are you doing mechanical or electric. If your going mechanical you have to tap a oil line and then run it into the cab, if your doing electric you have a find a wire that deals with the oil system and tap it.....

Just to let you know its impossible to do a header not headerS and a downpipe.... The R18 has a downpipe only
ususlly electrical gauges use a sender module and a simple wiring harness to the gauge itself, so just put it onto the oil system, usually a small sandwich adaptor for the oil filter, or drilled directly into the pan. . . ive never seen one that takes oil pressure signal from the car, since most companies and their sensors send different signals

·
Registered
350 Posts
Might want to look at a ScanGuage. Simply plugs into OBDII port under the dash and provides a lot functionality for the money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats like putting a boost gauge on a non turbo car, son.
Uhhhh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. How is an OIL PRESSURE gauge like putting a boost gauge on an N/A car? IMO ALL cars should come with oil pressure gauges instead of dummy lights. Once the light comes on, you're f*cked.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts