8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I currently own a 07 Civic Si coupe habi red. I am fairly happy with it but have now become obsessed with the upcoming BMW 135i. I love the look of it and the reviews of those who have driven one are great. This is exactly the car I have always wanted, I just wish Honda made it. The power, handling, and still having a back seat( though somewhat limited) is very tempting. I know I will take a hit for selling or trading in my 07 Si in depreciation. I usually keep cars for 5 or 6 years so this is unusual for me and would be the first time I would not be driving a Honda for over 8 years. I can easily afford the hit and the new BMW but the thought of even more depreciation that I would be incurring is a little troublesome. But good god, I love the 135i and it is exactly what I need in a car. I only worry a little about reliability issues. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Get the 135i. Do it. Hope I helped.

BMWs warranty is a very good reason why my parents and I are still leaning towards BMW, even though I want my mom to get the new C-class. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
my car before the Si was a BMW 325i which i sold at 189,000 miles. never gave me problems.

oh wait, you said talk you OUT of it because of reliability...umm..oh the tape player broke around 170k..(a cd deck was over due anyway)

something to keep in mind...you can get as many free sets of those brembo rotors and pads as you can burn through in 4 years with the BMW warranty.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well you guys are certainly doing a horrible job of talking him OUT of it :police:

135i coupe
4seater
premium gas
RWD
twin turbo
300hp
trade it in after warranty is up

get it...:hiding: :iorun:

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you can't pay off the negative equity (difference between what you owe the bank, and what a private party or a BMW dealership will pay you) for your SI, than no, you definitely should not do it. Rolling negative equity into a new car purchase is just about financially one of the dumbest things you can do, right up there with cashing out your 401K early, and taking cash advances on credit cards. Really stupid move. If you can pay off the negative equity however, sure, if it's going to make you happy, go for it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can't pay off the negative equity (difference between what you owe the bank, and what a private party or a BMW dealership will pay you) for your SI, than no, you definitely should not do it. Rolling negative equity into a new car purchase is just about financially one of the dumbest things you can do, right up there with cashing out your 401K early, and taking cash advances on credit cards. Really stupid move. If you can pay off the negative equity however, sure, if it's going to make you happy, go for it.
I agree with this, the problem is I dont have a loan on my Si

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
An STi is faster and handles better with more cargo room and better gas mileage. If it snows where you are AWD is a HUGE plus. Also, an STi doesn't say "i'm lacking in other areas so have have to get a bimmer to make up for it."

Thats all I got.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An STi is faster and handles better with more cargo room and better gas mileage. If it snows where you are AWD is a HUGE plus. Also, an STi doesn't say "i'm lacking in other areas so have have to get a bimmer to make up for it."

Thats all I got.
I test drove an 08 wrx the other day and hated it. The AWD is nice, but not a major concern as far as snow where I live. Im sure the STI will be a totally different animal but I have seen the pictures and just dont like it. I just really like the look of the BMW and I like smaller cars. I will either be keeping my Civic Si for a few more years or ordering the BMW soon. I know logic should be keep what I have at this point but we all know how that sometimes goes. I just know as soon as I see one on the road in March its going to kill me. I keep imagining myself hitting the curves on the curvy mountain road I drive on my way to work in the BMW. I read a review on it last week that made my palms sweat and heart rate go up about 30bpm

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with this, the problem is I dont have a loan on my Si
Wow, must be nice to pay cash outright for your car. I could have done that too, but I refuse to dip into my retirement account to pay for a car. But if you have that kind of money laying around then what are you waiting for, hit up the bimmer.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Are fluid changes such as oil, coolant, brake, tranny etc.. all covered along with the brembo pads and rotors?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I read a review on it last week that made my palms sweat and heart rate go up about 30bpm

:SHOCKED::SHOCKED: :SHOCKED:WOW! you must have a heart problem cuz the average standing heart rate for a person is around 60 beats per minute! :eek:hnoes: but for you...30bpm when you're excited?!?! oh man...i'd love to see what your standing heart rate is when you're relaxed. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
:SHOCKED::SHOCKED: :SHOCKED:WOW! you must have a heart problem cuz the average standing heart rate for a person is around 60 beats per minute! :eek:hnoes: but for you...30bpm when you're excited?!?! oh man...i'd love to see what your standing heart rate is when you're relaxed. :laughing:
he said up not up to.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts