8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
As available as salt water is, wouldn't it be kind of a pain to transport / store / use as its not very kind to metal and seals?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
jeremy0203 said:
awesome then after all the salt is burned off ya got clean drinking water for those long hot road trips!!!!!!!!
it burns the hydrogen and the oxygen
so all you would have left is salt

and imagine what would happen if ocean caught on fire lol
that would be
i guess the end of life

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, i think they would have to do something to make that work cuz theyre would be a hell of alot of salt remains in your motor

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
That's pretty incredible, it's good to know that people like him still exist in the world. Just a typical retiree using his free time to try and help a mass of people.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My apologies, I'm stuck on a pathetically poor dialup connection at the moment, so I'm not going to even try to view the video. Could someone summarize for me?

IF the video is talking about some system that in some way or another derives energy from "burning water," then it is a complete hoax and/or crackpot idea. Usually both, though on rare occasion the crackpot is also a True Believer who just hasn't quite worked out all the kinks yet that keep him from reaching a genuine net positive energy output.

Schemes involving "burning" water are quite old, and the water's salt content isn't going to make a lick of difference if you're trying to run a car on it. Do a Google of "Brown's Gas" to read more.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
The video was this guy trying to solve cancer with radio waves, he then figured out that salt water burned when exposed.

Only thing is, he used a giant radio machine to burn a small test tube, so....

·
Registered
861 Posts
TJ213 said:
The video was this guy trying to solve cancer with radio waves, he then figured out that salt water burned when exposed.

Only thing is, he used a giant radio machine to burn a small test tube, so....
Ah, thanks. Then yes, crackpot and/or scam artist. On both counts. Radio waves almost certainly have no carcinogenic effect. That's another hobby-horse of crackpots, pseudoscientists and scam artists. No good evidence has been provided for the claim, and there's been a lot of effort (and a lot of pseudoscience claiming false positives). Even if EM radiation is eventually shown to cause some form cancer, it's crackpot to assume it does and seek a cure when the evidence is currently heavily in favor of the null, and no mechanism is known. Or, to put it another way, being a crackpot doesn't guarantee you're wrong.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
dude, So we can just replace our spark plugs with a some sort of radio wave doo dad and then we can run salt water!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts