8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very quiet around the corner that no one didn't post a thread of the OEM trunk release kit on the LX but I only see aftermarket one. I did done lot of research on it but only showed the aftermarket one or the videos/pictures that don't have the link that go with it.

Has anyone done a DIY, showing how to install the OEM kind? I really don't want to use the aftermarket one b/c I want to use my remote key on with the trunk button install which I saw the video of that. Also what parts am I going to be using and how much I am going to be buying on it?

2007, LX, Sedan.

Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is very quiet around the corner that no one didn't post a thread of the OEM trunk release kit on the LX but I only see aftermarket one. I did done lot of research on it but only showed the aftermarket one or the videos/pictures that don't have the link that go with it.

Has anyone done a DIY, showing how to install the OEM kind? I really don't want to use the aftermarket one b/c I want to use my remote key on with the trunk button install which I saw the video of that. Also what parts am I going to be using and how much I am going to be buying on it?

2007, LX, Sedan.

Thanks.
I've seen the DIY on it a long time ago, but it was very confusing.
The bottom line is that you need to find some wires in your fuse box/MICU and route them to the trunk, and obviously get the factory automatic lock actuator for the trunk lid.
At that point you would need a new FOB with the trunk button too.

I will be installing an after market alarm in my 09 EX and will be adding the aftermarket trunk release solenoid instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts