8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my trunk popper became loose and I cannot open my trunk. I read about threads saying to remove the 2 bolts from the rear passenger seat, but I can't seem to get the one closer to the door in order to pop the seat up because of a lack of space (for the wrench to get in), it's very tight. Is anyone in the scarborough or markham area that can give me a hand? One of my license plate lights is out so I am trying to get this taken care of asap.

·
Registered
808 Posts
its under warranty just take it back tuesday, unless you have something you need to get to RIGHT now in the trunk

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Does your back seat have the 60/40 split ??
If so, I read where someone was able to reach in the split area with a broom handle to work the emergency lever and get it open.

( I think this was for a 7th gen model. I'm assuming the EX & Si have the 60/40 still, LX lost this in the generation change.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Does your back seat have the 60/40 split ??
If so, I read where someone was able to reach in the split area with a broom handle to work the emergency lever and get it open.

( I think this was for a 7th gen model. I'm assuming the EX & Si have the 60/40 still, LX lost this in the generation change.
Care to explain 60/40? I know the driver side is connected to the middle cupholder part and comes down as one piece. Is that where you mean to stick in the broom? I found this http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mech...uck-closed-heres-how-get-inside-fix-pics.html, but can't seem to get the second bolt out. I guess I'll attempt to get it off again today.

Use the key.
Wow I never thought of that, thanks. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Care to explain 60/40? I know the driver side is connected to the middle cupholder part and comes down as one piece. Is that where you mean to stick in the broom?
Yes, they went in between the seam/split of the 2 back sections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts