8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODS, if this has been covered already please note the link to the solution - did a few searches and didn't find a prior issue/answer - W

---------

I was in an area where I wanted my trunk lock "locked" so that you need to have the key fob to open the trunk. So I locked the lever (you know where the popper is for the fuel door). This is an '07 EX coupe, so there is no key hole on the trunk!

When I got back I unlocked it; but, the trunk release lever is stuck locked - won't budge like it is still locked. Fiddled with the key and other key and no luck. Thankfully, the key fob will still open the trunk.

Has anyone else had this problem? anyway to fix it? besides going to the dealer. Note, I will go to the dealer, it is just a PITA as mine always takes a day to do anything. . .

-W

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

-From reading the threads, appears I need to go to the dealer. Real PITA for such a small item.

+1 Rep for the help!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I un-jammed it today. Removed the clip on cover - then popped the lock tumbler out with a flat head screw driver.

Stuck the screw driver in and manually turned the release mechanism clockwise until I hear a click and wal-lah working release. Seems my lock tumbler doesn't do its job as it was repeatable. So I'll still have to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

FYI,

W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.