8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now my trunk doesn't really pop, when I press the trunk release button it hardly goes up. Is there a reason for this? Its a stock trunk, not modified in any way. I have changed the trunk 2 years ago but I didn't change anything on the trunk spring so there shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have the same issues?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
if its an SI, the spoiler weights it down.. it wont pop up all the way. just pops open. i took the spoiler off. trunk opened all the way

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most other SI's actually pop up about a few inches.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hahaha, like everybody said, it doesn't go all the way up. Sometimes, when I click the button, it doesn't even go up at all. It's pretty safe to say that it's normal for this kinda weird stuff to happen from time to time

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weird, fellow si owners around here.. their trunk actually pops a few inches up.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have an EX. Most of the time, you can't even see the trunk go up, you have to lift it from where it sits. Not real sure what causes it... my guess is bad quality weather strips. The strips on pretty much all my doors are loose to where you can see the circle grooves in the body where it's supposed to sit. Any recommended glue I can use for that? Sorry to get off topic, but I'd guess it's normal.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
happens to me too lol. its frustrating cause i hit the button like 5 times...but the first time it worked lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.