8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had this issue with my 07 DX-G sedan, I trolled around the internet for weeks after my drivers side just cut out for a few days, came back, then was gone permanently, went to Windsor Honda my local dealership and they wanted $150 just to diagnose the problem since I was 3000km out of the regular warranty and my Honda Plus didn't cover it apparently. I said forget that, and did a ton of research, I finally stumbled upon a link saying it's a defect in the design of the civics and that water will not drain properly out of the doors, and since the speakers aren't protected at all back there, it can cause the speakers and wiring to become useless. Finally after I found this, my passenger side speaker blew, so I ordered a pair Polk DB651s, and put foam speaker baffles to protect them, and I've been fine ever since.

·
Registered
49 Posts
was the stock wireing still ok to use? im looking at replacing my front door speakers but also my dash tweaters stoped working

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had the same problem with my old 07 lx. Speaker had to be replace but all the wiring was fine. Also make sure to check for any blown fuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
exactly the same problem with my front speakers

they are more often off then on , but from time to time i can here they work. did anybo9dy find where is the problem ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
its water getting at the back of the speakers, i poped my door pannel after driving in the rain and sure enough the back of the speaker was dripping. so you can replace them and get a foam back cover on amazon for about 6 bucks and be fine after wards. just a bad design

·
Registered
35 Posts
My driver side speaker stopped working about 6 months ago in my 07 LX,
and just recently my passenger side went out. but also the passenger side tweeter on the dash is out. But I'm assuming the dash tweeters are easily blown. (turnt to 40 all the time)
but as prior posts say water in the door kills speakers.
just opened up the door panel on my passenger side, and sure enough filled with water.

soo im assuming if it just stops, its dead not blown?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Replace the speakers... look for something that is more water friendly :) or even put the foam baffles as rain shields around them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same problem.. my back to speakers by the rear window work fine and the two up in the dash near the front windshield are working but the two in the door just randomlyh stopped... thenn came back on a few days after stoppping now they are out again. this time for about 2 weeks. i checked the wireing to and from speakers and to the radio itself its all fine.. got proper power going to it all with my tester. and there is no fuse for it. took the speakers out and they work when hooked up to my fiances car radio. what do u think could be the problem?

Anyone found a solution to this one? Any success stories at all?:deadhorse:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have kinda the same problem except the fronts make a TINY bit of sound. And my buttons don't light up on my head unit (stock). Head unit broken?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same problem.. my back to speakers by the rear window work fine and the two up in the dash near the front windshield are working but the two in the door just randomlyh stopped... thenn came back on a few days after stoppping now they are out again. this time for about 2 weeks. i checked the wireing to and from speakers and to the radio itself its all fine.. got proper power going to it all with my tester. and there is no fuse for it. took the speakers out and they work when hooked up to my fiances car radio. what do u think could be the problem?
Did you ever find a remedy? My 06 Honda Civic EX door speakers stopped working! Is this a radio problem? I doubt its the wiring or broken speakers, two cant fail at same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I discovere in June 2009 that my 2006 Honda Civic door speakers do not work. I had the door checker straps replaced two months ago that require removal of the door panels and I wonder if the technician had to disconnect speaker wires and forgot to reattach. Any ideas?
Ive read here that many similar issues with speakers not working in the doors due to water damage. honda is going to take door panels off as a courtesy to check their prior work and if speakers are damaged, thsy will replace at my charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My front speakers on my 2007 EX have not been working for a few years. I finally got around to taking the door panels off and checking them out. I discovered a large amount of corrosion on the speaker contacts. Voltage checked good at the plug. Seems like previous posters were correct about water and elements causing corrosion to the speaker. I will be replacing the speakers with aftermarket ones and a foam baffle for protection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So Civics have this defect where water gets into the front speaker
Arg

Did anyone ever figure this one out? I have the EXACT same problem (except I have a stock stereo). I've pulled the dash and got to the head unit but I see nothing loose or otherwise...my next step is going to be pulling the door off I guess. I'm pretty sure I have the standard sound system so there's no amp to worry about right?

Edit:
Pulled the door off etc the speakers seem fine nothing looked loose...I'm beginning to wonder if it's the head unit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Girlfriend so kindly pointed out to me that my front speakers are no longer working. Only my rears are working. Both front and rear speakers are stock. However, I have 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"s and a Kenwood Amp wired along with a Pioneer-AVH P5000 flip out head unit. All which was professionally installed and working properly.

Not a sound comes out of my driver or passenger side front speakers. I really dont listen to my music to loud, however, I guess its a possibility they could be blown...but wouldnt they atleast make some sort of sound? What are some other possible causes/things I could check to try and get these front speakers working again. Does anyone know the fuse #'s and locations I can check to see if they got blown somehow?

Your help is greatly appreciated :)
so, il it is 8 years later but i just had this happen toi me too and i dont know why they both blown out the same time but both my fronts did. take your reap speaker out and put it in the front if it work you have a blown speaker

21 - 38 of 38 Posts