8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an unfortunate but unavoidable delay due to the regional wildfires and mandatory evacuations, I finally received my completed second retrofit project from CustomLightz.com. I haven't yet had time to install the headlights, but I'll be doing that and aiming my foglights at the same time in the next couple of days. I'm still looking into the electrical aspect of the bi-xenon, as I'm hoping to find a resistor that will allow me to retain the use of halogen DRL's.

And, since I got all of these basic questions the last time, here's the mini-FAQ beforehand:

Q: Who did the retrofitting work and where can I find information on it?
A: http://www.customlightz.com

Q: What is your old setup?
A: Acura TSX single-xenon clear lens projectors.

Q: What is your new setup?
A: Infiniti FX35 projectors with TSX clear lenses, retaining the bi-xenon function. Denso slim ballasts and Osram 4300K bulbs.

Q: What are you doing with your old setup?
A: It has yet to be determined, so don't ask.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: It depends on the setup that you choose and whether you have an eye for finding bargains on parts. To give a rough (high) estimate, $300 for headlights, $200 for TSX projectors and $99 for FX projectors, $300 give or take for labor, $250 for bulbs and ballasts, and $50 for wiring.

Q: Why in the WORLD would you spend so much for HID?
A: Because I want it done well, and I want it done right, and putting brighter bulbs in housing that wasn't made for it just didn't cut it for me.

Q: Do you recommend it?
A: Unreservedly. It's the most useful modification I've ever done to my car.

Q: But it's so expensive!
A: That's not a question. But you do get what you pay for.

Q: Can I do this myself?
A: Yes, but be prepared for a serious undertaking. It takes a lot of skill, patience, and finesse to get it to all work well, be properly aligned and look aesthetically pleasing.
So here's the pre-installation pictures right out of the box with more to come:

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
nice oem look, mine looks almost exactly like that

·
Registered
744 Posts
For a really good price? Ebay, body shops, dealerships and junkjard. If you are getting the ballasts, I would strongly suggest you get the long cord slim denso ballasts, and as far as bulbs I would go with a new pair of OEM; and not a pair of used ones with different hours on them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I wanted the same thing but I couldn’t find any cheep TSX clear lenses, so I would be paying for to projectors. To me it didn’t add up, but I like the idea still. Nice work.

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HID Blazer Fogs:

A closer shot that shows that the fogs are somewhat purposely not completely lined up and that even they have color at the cutoff:

Frontal View:

Fogs and Single Xenon:

Fogs, Halogen Highs, and FX35 Bi-Xenon all on at the same time:

Needless to say, that lights up the road like daytime.

Cutoff sharp as a knife and colorful:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts