8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Transmission on my 8th gen messed up, well it's my fault, want to play have to pay right? Anyhow, 2nd grinds, 3rd is gone, grinded 1st, 5th and occasionally 6th as well. Wouldn't even go into reverse lol. Last time car was driven was to a shop. On the way over transmission got suck on 4th gear. Exploring my options. Rebuilding it cost way too much. Not just parts alone, just the labor fixing the transmission local shop runs me $500 plus dropping the transmission and putting back in there. Thats another $900 plus parts; parts just 2nd,3rd, and 4th being replaced would be $1200. Give or take $2500-$3000. Now thinking of just buying about one, running me about $1500, however while search them up, coming across the 9th gen civic si transmission and they are going for about $1000 with about 10-15k miles. 8th gen civic si transmission are going for about $1500 with 85-145k miles. After that been said, zeroed in on the 9th gen civic si transmission. SY1M.

Now here is where I need the help and closure. I have read up on this and with my own theories. This transmission should fit and work all together.

Now Kseries bolts up to Kseries. From what I have read, mounting points, mount up perfectly fine. The only thing I have just to clear up is if the shifter cables line up or not. Do to casing being a little different. Gear ratios are the same except for 3rd, 3rd is slightly taller no biggie.

So if you guys can give me some closure, can this be done without having to much headaches.

Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sub'ed for info. Just shattered my 3rd gear at 4k rpm on winter tires on wet/icy ground... sigh. turbo torque.

Have a spare 8th civic transmission, but looking for future upgrades.

Hopefully it's doable without too much modification!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.