8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked far an wide for an answer to this and the only answer I can ever get is for the transmission mount. So basically I had to replace the transmission mount on my 07 civic. Well,even after letting the engine cool for 7 hours the heat must not have dissipated completely because some aluminum came out on the bolt and the hole stripped out.Rather than drilling it out and rethreading with a bigger bolt I ordered a new bracket for the transmission. I can't find torque specs anywhere for these bolts so I thought I'd ask here. I'm not asking for the transmission mount specs but the,for lack of better words, transmission mount bracket support that is what the transmission mount bolts into on the transmission.If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This happened to me when i replaced my Transmission Mount. Instead, the 2 studs that mount to the bracket pulled off, causing the threads to shear off. I had to replace my entire Transmission Mounting Base Bracket. No worries, because i have the torque specs for either Automatic or Manual Transmission.

65432155-2563-44C3-B862-DC953EE9B7DF_1_105_c.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh.Thank you so much.Now I can repair my repair. I will definitely be saving this information.Thanks again!

·
Registered
71 Posts
No problem! I'm glad to help. I was in the same page as you. Since i couldn't find the torque spec for the 3 bolts that hook to the transmission, i started panicking.

I was eventually going to guess around 60 lbf/ft. I'm glad i found the torque spec because i would've sheared the threads inside the tranny, and that would've been a real nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts