8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant make a poll but if someone will make one for me. i hear people keep saying that their trannys keep going out so soon. if the poll could be for people who have had trannys break( not just third gear grind cause frankly most have had it and its irrelivent). the choices would be 06 or 07 si's.
thanks

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Dude, I've only seen one post on this forum where someone's tranny blew up and it was a chick who blew up the clutch and it even had pics.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i have heard numerous complains about clutches going out at like 8000 miles. i just want to see who is having tranny and or clutch problems. should you not be at work anyways

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I don't think anyones transmission is actually failing. One failed like a week ago because a CV axle snapped and took the transmission with it.

I think my transmission is getting loud though, I can hear a lot of gear whine, but I may just be paranoid.

The only real complaints I see are from 3rd gear, and people that can't drive manual transmission smoking through their clutch.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
there are no real tranny issues, everyone complains about things here... the only issue you might have is a bit of hesitation getting into 3rd...dealer should change your tranny fluid under warrantee.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u sure that was me. mine has never had a problem except for the third gear grind. and the new honda tranny fluid fixed that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts