8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've seen an encouraging thread about a successful trailer hitch install on an Si coupe. I was hoping to install a hitch on my sedan so I can transport my bike.

Is this possible? Has anyone done this before? Can you recommend a brand? Does anyone have pics? :)

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
15 Posts
as a mater of fact i just got done putting one on mine a few minutes ago...i got the curt hitch from e trailers and the thule t2 also...it was kind of a pain.(car is so low)..but it went on fairly smooth....e trailers had the best price for me..This is what i bought
1 Bike Carrier-2 Bike 1-1/4" Thule T-2 1 0
1 Lock, Thule Snug Tite -2nd Generation 1 0
1 Lock Cylinders, Thule 2 Pack 1 0
1 11437 Class I Hitch - Civic 1 0
1 Tubecover 1-1/4 Small 1 0
$485.. TOTAL with shipping
good quality stuff

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Sweet, I will need this coming Summer to tow a small Uhaul thing back to Minnesota with my TV.

Also, that says it's a custom for the 2007 Civic 2 door, I would assume that it will fit my 06 with my HFP kit in the rear?

And will my car being lower by about 1.5 inches cause any problems with towing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sweet, I will need this coming Summer to tow a small Uhaul thing back to Minnesota with my TV.

Also, that says it's a custom for the 2007 Civic 2 door, I would assume that it will fit my 06 with my HFP kit in the rear?

And will my car being lower by about 1.5 inches cause any problems with towing?
Back in undergrad I worked at a bikeshop that installed Yakima and Thule racks. Yakima advised against putting hitch racks on any car that sat low too low to the ground. The Si is already sort of low. Taking it down another 1.5'' is probably asking to clip your rack or bike on the ground.

If you're going to do it make sure you buy a hitch rack that holds your bike from below. (e.g., the one posted above).

·
Registered
179 Posts
i was reading my manual outta boredom one day... and read that if you install a trailer hitch on it... you void the warrantee because the car was not built for towing. infact... im going to go get it and quote it to you :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
ok.. so i quote.. directly from my 2007 honda civic owners manual

"your vehicle is not designed to tow a trailer; attempting to do so can void your warranties"
Your vehicle is not towing a trailer, it's holding a bike, thanks!
:spinning:
I have one on my two door coupe, the best rack system you can do for any vehicle other than a pick-up is the T2, and it works great on the civic.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.