8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its my first ticket ever guys. ive been driving and speeding since i was like 15 and im 19 now. soooo heres the story...
had poker night at my friends house in sachse/murphey texas. was leaving around 130am, i was going 51 in a 30, it was a construction zone, but workers were NOT present.
ive been told that i should plead nolo contedre, and take defensive driving and it SHOULD not hit my record or make my insurance go up..

any suggestions or knowledge would be great lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
just dealt with myne and it was in Oregon. It wasn't a speeding ticket but when i called the office they told me in order to attend traffic school cop should of told you the option when giving a ticket. So my option would be only to plead not guilty to see a judge and ask for traffic school. In my case judge didnt allow traffic school after court day. In your case it might be different. I didn't get lucky with my ticket, and it was a first one also. Laws in TX could be different so i would suggest to call the court listed on the ticket and ask them about your options.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i did, but my ticket isnt even in the system yet. they county clerk said i just need to wait, asked if i was older than 17, if its my first offense, if ive had the class within the last 6 mnths, and if it was in a traffic zone with workers present...***** it was at 2 am what do you think?lmao thats what i wanted to say but i just said yes'm haha.
but i just dont want it on my ins, i aint got a problem paying it, and idk about how it is over there but here in tx, we have the option to do it "dickies bbq" or "golden coral buffet" and all food is payed for ALLLLL DAY lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Most likely since it's your first offence the judge will reduce it to a failure to yield or lesser charge, but since you were caught speeding in a construction zone (regardless if they're working or not) it can double the fine.

You did the crime now you have to pay the price. Sorry bro, it happens to all of us.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ yea thats what i thought(about the double) but in texas workers MUST be present for it to be considered a construction zone:] so my fine is only 232, but im doing the defensive driving course, so its gonna be 102 for the court fee, and 20 for the course, and i get to do it a golden corral lol.
i think i made off pretty easy for doing 51 in a 30..

·
Registered
307 Posts
ok i have alot of tickets since i was 15 so i can tell u honestly say no contest they have to give u defensive driving becuz ur younger than 25 and they will give u 60 day probation were u can get a ticket and u have to pay the fine which i suggest u pay on the first day becuz texas adds 25 if u go on a payment plan...dressing like a mormon or almish kid also helps lol
oh and im 19 too and i have had almost 10 or 11 tickets.. idk i lost count but a freind of mine has had around 26 and hes perfecting ok..as far as his driving record sinceit doent show up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts