8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade in my 08 civic sedan LX for something a little more sportier, just wondering if anyone has experience with trading in cars that are a year old. The car is paid off everythings fine with the car, its just I use to own a 99 GSX prior to the civic, and before the GSX I drove a V6 camry (still slow).

Anywyas I miss the feeling of power and boost, and was thinking about trading in the civic for either a 350z or if someone can convince me into somehting else.

I'm looking at trading in and maybe 1-2k on top, but nothing more... I'm not sure if I want to pick up an 03 350z that is out of warrenty.

Someone school me or aide me in any ideas

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well for my 07 I was displeased with the offers I got from Honda and Carmax. I paid 18.5k and back last summer I the dealership offered me 13.5k. 350z's are hot though, that's what I was looking for, but I decided against it because I have better uses for all that cash I would be losing. Enjoy life without a car payment :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
370 and 135i is out of the picture, please note that the civic im driving is only a base sedan (LX) model. KBB rates it at 13.3 for trade in, so I'm looking at around 14-15k used car.

and my reasoning for this is that newer cars are cheaper due to the economy right? lol

Or am I just being needy? I remember when I picked up my 99 GSX that I told my self that I was never going to sell it, and a year and half later of happy boosting I ended up selling it... because I got bored of it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
please note that the civic im driving is only a base sedan (LX) model. KBB rates it at 13.3 for trade in, so I'm looking at around 14-15k used car.

and my reasoning for this is that newer cars are cheaper due to the economy right?
The problem you are going to run into is being it is so close to new unless you give it away some one is going to go for a new one if the price is to high.

I only paid $16800 for my 08 LX new.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
thats how they make money buy low and sell it for more later. they will offer you probably poor value of your kbb value. even if you car is brand new! thats just how it works.

always take a big big hit if you trade or sell your car.

ive bought and sold 11 cars so i know

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I traded my 98 GSX for this 06 Civic SI and I got to say I missed the boost as well. I had problems with the crank walking on me and had to rebuilt the engine and after awhile I hated it being that exceeding 250-300hp mark made my car as if it would start to crank. I moved on and got me the SI and I got to say I'm fairly pleased with the power the SI is making while I had my GSX at stock form. Get a car that you like to drive DD as the SI won't be great turbo-charged as it would like the DSM because of the Iron Block it came factory. Best thing is find a car that suites your needs and wants and if you want a car that can be turbo'd in the near future, get a Z, they can be massive with thier twin turbo set up and a beast on the street. Since living in the 4 season, I'd preferrable go AWD but not much cars are built all-wheel but Subaru's and Mitubishi's for good high performance mods. I was going to trade my SI in for a FA5 but I owed too much on it to even be traded-in. lol. There's always going to be a thrive for something in life and you'll always have it, get what you want, experience it and if you don't get a car that is your cup of tea rather than having that "want". I'd say listen to your gut feeling bro. :D

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Looking to trade in my 08 civic sedan LX for something a little more sportier, just wondering if anyone has experience with trading in cars that are a year old. The car is paid off everythings fine with the car, its just I use to own a 99 GSX prior to the civic, and before the GSX I drove a V6 camry (still slow).

Anywyas I miss the feeling of power and boost, and was thinking about trading in the civic for either a 350z or if someone can convince me into somehting else.

I'm looking at trading in and maybe 1-2k on top, but nothing more... I'm not sure if I want to pick up an 03 350z that is out of warrenty.

Someone school me or aide me in any ideas

I don't recommend buying a Z that new. The resale on these cars is terrible. A 1 year old Z is too expensive for what it will be worth in 2 years. I hate to say it, but the older the better. I bought a 4 year old Z with 32K miles on it for $16,500. I still have a powertrain warranty on my car according to Nissan.

Here is my advice. Go out and test drive lots of cars. I drove the following while I had my SI and was thinking about trading.

Volvo C30 (already own a turbo volvo)
BW 328i (perfect. Expensive)
Acura TL, auto, 6spd, Type S (still love them)
GTO (hee hee hee)
Lexus IS250 (too slow)
Acura TSX (was like an Si with more features)
G8 GT (hee hee hee)
Accord Coupe (50 y.o. divorcee sport sedan)
Infinity G35S sedan G35S coupe (meh)
WRX (liked it. body felt cheap)
Lancer (felt cheap)
Ford Flex ( like it but wanted it as a family car)
MDX (love)
Fit (slow)
S2k (fun as hell, not DD material, too similar to my modified SI power wise)
Z- (instantaneous love. Test drove 5 times only because I didn't have one and wanted to have fun. I finally just bought test drive number 5)

My point is, go out there and try stuff. It sounds to me like you aren't sure what you want. If you drive enough cars, the right one will come along.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
^^ Your advice is so cool. I couldn't think of a way to put it but it seems to be a better advice than mine.
Thanks, man. I believe in keeping my options open when it comes to shopping around for cars. I don't go for specifics. If I see something I like, I try it. The way I see it, I don't loose anything if they don't live up to my expectations. There will always be another car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You should look at used BMW 3-series or 5-series. You can get a fast one a couple years old for around $20,000 - $25,000. My boyfriend just traded in his '05 Toyota Prius for an '06 BMW 550i. It is REALLY fast and very luxurious. 360hp, makes your head whiplash back into the seat when he takes off!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
You could also take a look at the:

2.7TT S4
M3
M5
Volvo S60R

The last three I've never owned or driven, but they look fun.

I use to own a 2.7TT S4 and loved it. I wish I wouldn't have sold it. AWD, boost with lots of room to upgrade, 6 speed, and makes a perfect DD. Once you go German luxury, it's hard to go back. Even my Lexus IS300 feels like junk compared to the Audi.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You could also take a look at the:

2.7TT S4
M3
M5
Volvo S60R

The last three I've never owned or driven, but they look fun.

I use to own a 2.7TT S4 and loved it. I wish I wouldn't have sold it. AWD, boost with lots of room to upgrade, 6 speed, and makes a perfect DD. Once you go German luxury, it's hard to go back. Even my Lexus IS300 feels like junk compared to the Audi.
i hope ur not talking new m3 or semi new m3 or m5 i think that is out of his range?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.